Sign in to follow this  
Vicpdx17

AP on the 737ngx

Hi Vicpdx17,

You want to turn on the AP on ground.I won't to point again all lessons given above. Just a simple question: why?

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

Try the first tutorial that comes with the aircraft. It will show you exactly how to setup the fmc and do a full autopilot flight even an autoland. Then you can use those skills to fly to different airports. This is the BEST way to learn the aircraft in my opinion.

Theres no reason to turn on the autopilot while still on the ground.

After you take off makesure the yoke is straight with no pressure on it- and then turn on the autopilot.

I would highly recommend that you read and completely run through both tutorial flights included in the documentation. A lot of your statements indicate that you havent really even glanced at them yet. The pmdg ngx is an expensive aircraft and right now you are not making full use of your investment.

All the best,

Peter Wright

FIY for everyone, that's not a prohibition, just guidance.

What my mind told me to say:

Gasp! There are exceptions to the rules of flying? Surely you jest! After all, we all know if you go over 250 knots under 10,000 feet you'll get shot down by an F-16!

What my mind told me would be most acceptable:

Thanks for pointing that out.

Kyle Rodgers

When I do a full automatic landing (ILSIII) including rollout and flare, using both AP A/B, the AP will stay on during landing. However, when turning off the runway onto the taxiway, you got to switch the AP off, otherwise the plane tries to turn back into the middle of the runway again.

Question though, is there any way to switch off the A/P without having the alarm sound?

What I do when I land is keep AP on but then turn heading off so then I get control of the plan but for the rest of you I think the problem may be the pilot yolke maybe in a different position then AP wants it to be in so ill see what I can do with that. Also I will read the manuals swoon to learn that.