Sign in to follow this  
Ed van de Vijver

Camera transitions

I don't seem to get the camera transitions in VC (PMDG 737NGX) right. They don't move smoothly from one position to another, just like EZCA does. It starts moving nice for a small distance, then kind of jumps to the choosen new cam.

I cannot figure this one out. If I can't get it right I rather stay with EZCA

Ed van de Vijver

I have the same issue. Try to reduce camera change speed, it may help a bit but it still is not as smooth as EZCA works.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Every Beta update I hope to see this problem solved, but nothing worked so far. Meanwhile I figured out that de transitions work fine, when switching to a cam of wich TrackIR is disabled. The problem I described only occurs switching to a cam with Track IR enabled.

Can any one help me out here?

I use TrackIR5 software

I am a totally new purchaser of this software, but initially i have noticed that if i switch from the let's say "Captain View" to the "Pedestal View", then i get a less than smooth transition and the same from there to say "Overhead Panel". However, when switching back to the "Captain View", it's smooth.

As i said though, i haven't had much time with this app yet. Having said that, i have to add how impressed i am so far. Just a great app.

I also use TIR5.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'm just shooting from the hip fellas, but check to see if your zoom levels are the same number for the cameras you're transitioning between. For example, you have the pilot view set at zoom level 0.38 and you switched to the FO view which was set at 0.47 you would notice a jump when making the transition.

Setting them at identical zoom levels smooths out the camera pan and or tilt. There may be a setting that reduces or speeds up the zoom itself, but I haven't tinkered with it enough to know.

Chris Sunseri

Yup. All zoom factors identical. EzDok taught me that one.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I got my zoom levels all equal, it's not that. With some transitions it seems as if the view starts moving the wrong way, e.g. from the overhead panel to the captains seat it starts to move right (!!!) and then suddenly jumps to the captains seat view. Again: transitions are smooth from any camera position to a camera postion of wich the TrackIR is disabled. With overall disabled TrackIR all transitions are smooth and ok.

I agree the weather part of Opus is the best, but for the views/cams I stick to EZCA, untill there's a solution here.

BTW I think it's odd there no reaction from the Opus guy here.... He seems so helpfull in other posts!

BTW I think it's odd there no reaction from the Opus guy here.... He seems so helpfull in other posts!

Stephen is probably reserving more time for coding, a good thing, by monitoring just the official Opus FSX forum at Simforums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

We have made some mods to the transition speed in the beta posted today. Can you try that and let us know if it corrects the problem.

Thanks

Cheryl

Thanks Stephen! I just tried Beta 2.28.4, but it doens't change or solve my problem. I am not sure if I explained it right. I think the meaning is that there should be a straight or slightly curved line between te two POV's in the transition between them. It has nothing to do with the transition speed, more with the direction. As said, with TrackIR disabled, it works fine, but with TIR enabled the line between the two POV's in the transition is not straight or curved, but angled and broken. For example with a starting POV of the overhead panel towards the captains POV, it starts moving down to the throttle quadrant (so in the wrong direction), and about 3/4 of this travel it suddenly 'jumps' to the targeted captains POV. This kind of behaviour I see in every POV combination, with TIR enabled.

I would be very glad if you can help me out here, because I would like to use the camera options of Opus rather than EZCA. But as things are now I just have to stick to EZCA. Nevertheless, the weather of Opus is the best I've ever seen.

Maybe it's am idea (I have no clue if it's possible) to let the program disable TIR during transitions?

Hi Ed

I will look into sorting it out but just dont have the time at the moment, I am in the middle of preparing the next LWE upgrade. Might be able to sort it out this week though or earlier if I can make some time.

Regards

Stephen

Hi Ed

At present ... with TIR disabled the smooth transition is handled entirely within the FSXSERVER program and hence uses all 6DOF motion, XYZ and PBY. With TIR enabled, all motion is relayed through the FSXTRACKIR interface program and since the current PBY is unknown the server program just smoothes the XYZ axes, then jumps to the new camera's PBY setting, still superimposing your TIR head position on top of the cameras eye point. This was deliberately changed to do this some time in the past, I can't remember why though.

I have added the PBY again and will post a new beta today for you to try out.

Regards

Stephen :smile:

Hi Stephen, the last Beta 2.28.5 is right on the nail! It works fine now!

This way I don't need EZCA anymore.

Thanks very much! :good: :Applause: :Party: