Sign in to follow this  
FLIGHTO

Service Ceiling

Can I get a clarification on this plane.....Specs.....

What is its service ceiling? I was under the assumption that it was 35,000 feet

Last night I was cruising at 31,000 (not very strongly) then went up to 32,000 and the master warning went off for cabin pressure (I assume).........

Tell me this is a sub-30,000ft airplane and i will freak out...........

I was running out of steam I felt above 30,000...... prop rpm @ 1700 - very low rate of accent.

Thanks

I believe king airs usually cruise at high 20,000s. Typically fl250-fl280. Ceiling is just how high the plane will fly.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

The king air 200 has a service ceiling of FL350. Have I seen them go up that high... No. As Wookie said they usually cruise around 250 to 280.

The B200's service ceiling is 35,000 feet. The term "service ceiling" is defined (if I remember correctly) as the highest altitude an aircraft can reach at a minimum of 100 ft/min climb. So, yes, you can expect to see very slow rates of climb at higher altitudes, especially if you're operating at weights above 12,000 lbs.

Something else to remember is that climb power is 1900 RPM, so you should get better climb rates if you push the prop levers forward before starting a climb up that high. You should also look at your cabin altitude setting...set the inner scale to the cruise altitude.

Finally, while the B200 may have a service ceiling of 35,000 feet, you may not be legally allowed to fly that high. Above 29,000, you're in RVSM (Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum) airspace, and there are specific equipment requirements that this B200 may not have. (The question is whether or not the altitude alerter will alert you if you deviate from the selected altitude by more than 300 feet. I haven't tested it yet.)

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

In general, the pressurization controller that Carenado developed for the B200 is not correct (it appears to have been ported over from the C90B which has a lower service ceiling). It's in the bug tracking sheet - hopefully it gets picked up in SP1.

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

In general, the pressurization controller that Carenado developed for the B200 is not correct (it appears to have been ported over from the C90B which has a lower service ceiling). It's in the bug tracking sheet - hopefully it gets picked up in SP1.

So its accurate to say that the Carenado B200 has no pressurization setting for the lower 30's ?

So its accurate to say that the Carenado B200 has no pressurization setting for the lower 30's ?

Same as the C90- FL260 (incorrectly so).

Fyi, I used to fly a B200, and yes it can cruise at fl31 or fl32 depending, mostly on long trips from the north to florida. Shorter trips would be from fl25 to fl 29.

Just found a B200 Training manual here:

http://www.redskyven...ical_Manual.pdf

There the pressurization scale for the cabin altitude is described as going from - 1000 ft to 15.000 ft ... so actual a complete different scala as we have now , adapted from the C90B (-1000ft to 10.000 ft) :unsure: .

Maybe some realworld B200 pliots can throw in a comment if this is releated to some different submodels built for the B200?!

We really got the s**t end of the stick because I know Carenado will most likely not fix this.... I was hoping to have the option of FL 310-FL330 on some of my east coast legs.... The thinner air with a nice tailwind above the weather and some traffic on a 1000nm+ flight.................. not here I guess...

And I know the Flight1 B200 will have sub standard textures compared to this bird...

Not to fret.. just because the CP tops out at FL260, doesn't mean you can't go to FL350... Your PT6's will be fine... you'll just have to turn on the Ox system for the pax. No biggie.

Not to fret.. just because the CP tops out at FL260, doesn't mean you can't go to FL350... Your PT6's will be fine... you'll just have to turn on the Ox system for the pax. No biggie.

But how do we keep the master warning from flashing in your face???

But how do we keep the master warning from flashing in your face???

Like RW pilots do... cover it with black tape!

Try this, as I seem to recall this worked in the C90. Dont top out the dial on the pressure system. Rotate the dial until it stops, then back it off just a couple of clicks. I think this may work.