Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Connor Anderson

FSX fps vs. P3D fps

I am running FSX on my MacBook Pro currently. I would like to know if I would see more FPS if I were to invest in Prepar 3D at a complex add on airport such as Fly Tampa Boston in the NGX. Has anyone had experience with more performance under a larger load with P3D? If it's not worth my money please let me know.

Connor Anderson

Mate, there really isn't much point. Your settings will STILL have to be turned down super low for that, and I kid you not, you will see a MAX of about 2 or so FPS. At least, that's what my experience was. Most of the time there really isn't much difference anyway.

Aamir Thacker

I find a combination of higher frame rates with much better visuals at payware airports like LFPG and EDDF, I had not had this good visuals with no stuttering until I migrated to P3D, so just like FSX, I think the experience may vary from one user to the next.

Also found that moving autogen from very dense to dense gave me nearly 10 extra fps!!

Will Reynolds

Flight Sim Addict

Posted Image

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

18%
    $4,525.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now