Sign in to follow this  
coa1117

Skirting Sandy

KFLL-KPHL today as Sandy continued her march up the eastern seaboard of the U.S. During the flight she was about 300 miles ESE of North Carolina and moving at about 7 mph. The cloud swath extended from the northern Bahamas up to Philadelphia and beyond.

My route and Sandy's location in the AS2012 map:

Over ZAPPA (northern Bahamas):

At FL370, as close as my route took me to the core, but still some impressive thunder heads:

Same location through the glass:

Over SIE (south Jersey) and turning toward Philly:

Tucked-in at the PHL cargo terminal with some of Sandy's initial clouds rolling in:

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Wow, great pics, thanks. I really like that livery, awesome!

23.png

Nice shots! As a real life KPHL spotter and frequent FSX visitor, KPHL is the bees knees! Haven't flown the MD-11 in ages, but I remember doing a few hauls with UPS, the last being between Cologne Bonn Germany and KPHL. Bracing for Sandy to make a visit to me very soon...