Sign in to follow this  
mgh

I do hope this is some sort of sick joke

Guest JDH

Well, whatever ground he tries to recover, he has not got a leg to stand on IMO.Perhaps you could reply to him and ask why, having ignored your rights as an author, he has essentially broken YOUR copyright in uploading your files. Therefore, he is the one commiting the criminal act NOT you.The fact that he is attempting to target a freeware author with your reputation proves what a brainless moron he is. Yes Ferdy, I AM calling YOU a brainless moron! :-smile12

Guest SoarPics

I believe there's another factor in all this too, Jon. The factor of attention.I pop in there every few months to see the status of the site. Last time I went (a few weeks ago) I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of advertising. Clearly his revenue is down from what it was a year ago. He needs patrons, because patrons attract advertisers. One of the methods he uses to gain attention is to attack... he's done the same thing to Tom and Avsim as well as others. This gets him the attention he craves and needs.But those of us who've been around the hobby for a while know he's nothing more than a bag of wind. He's a thief trying to make himself look legitimate, and not doing a very good job of it. Many advertisers avoid him like the plague... they know that the backbone of the hobby will stop buying from them if they advertise with him. Even Microsoft last year removed his pirate site from their links page. He knows... he knows the hobby has no use for him.And so he threatens, because that's all he can do. Empty words from an empty person. Simple as that.Press on,Greg

Guest danowat

Well, thats way out of order Jon, why anyone would want to attack such a prolific authour of great freeware as your self is beyond me.It's totally counter-productive, I mean people could get fed up, stop making addons, then he would have nothing to steal.I would be very interested to hear from the guy who supposedly lost the law-suit against FSplanetCheersDan.

>Well, thats way out of order Jon, why anyone would want to>attack such a prolific authour of great freeware as your self>is beyond me.>>It's totally counter-productive, I mean people could get fed>up, stop making addons, then he would have nothing to steal.>>I would be very interested to hear from the guy who supposedly>lost the law-suit against FSplanet>>Cheers>>Dan.I don't think he thinks it this way. The short term goal that he wants is for people to stop putting those readme.txt. I don't think he knows the work Jon has done specifically. It's just a generic initiative against people who are doing the .txt thing. That's the primary aim for the scare tactic. And it does work if the author doesn't want any hassle or is unsure of what is the safer thing to do.Solve the first problem first, and then visitors will come back eventually. (I must admit the website is quite attractive to the casual flightsimmer with nice pictures laid out, the jumping guy etc.) :)

Guest Jon ARNZ

The sad thing is is that FREEWARE authors see this sort of behaviour as the perfect reason why they go PAYWARE, so his wish to keep FREEWARE freeware becomes a mute point in the end for people like me.His feeling that he is in the position to decide what FREEWARE authors will do in terms of distribution is extraordinary, and indicative of where the guy is at in general. As pointed out already, he is contradicting himself by placing limitations on his site, but then saying he can ignore them himself because he wants to keep FREEWARE limit free. I take my hat off to the man, he is demonstrating you can have your cake and eat it to.PS, I love your creativity, the 'other win' was great.

Several of my files have "don't upload to FSplanet.com", and I have no regrets.Ferdy ... you're digging yourself a nice hole! :-lol

This is getting into dangerous territory. Nevertheless, to explain the legal situation fully from a European perspective......Within Europe, the courts may impose severe penalties against anyone being rude to the Germans or the French or to any nation aiding them for the time being in their European or world diplomacy. This did not include the Spanish until recently, but it does presently.Further, under European law, any insult from an English speaking defamer from Britain or from any country previously forming part of the British Empire or Commonwealth (for the avoidance of doubt to exclude French Canadians)is considered especially prejudicial. In such cases, it is not necessary to prove outright rudeness, any unintentional slight will suffice, including the well-meaning removal of towels from otherwise unattended sun beds.Swiss soccer referees are granted particular protection against English defamation, but Americans are deemed fair game to all kinds of insults, including, but not limited to, the trashing of iconic fast food restaurants, tariffs or other barriers imposed to limit access to Hollywood films or American TV shows and attempts to impose punitive taxes on oversized American 4x4 vehicles which occupy more than 2 lanes of a standard European motorway. All insults must be expressed in the appropriate European language, as English language insults are not permitted in order to protect the purity of the local vocabulary. Inadvertent use of English language insults clearly marks the offender as a person of lesser cultural standing. The penalty then comprises a deprecating shrug of the shoulders and poor service in all restaurants within a 50 kilometer radius of the offence.I should point out that there would be nothing to stop a defamed aviation website proprietor from taking action in the US courts, even though he is Spanish.Apart from the small matter of astronomical legal fees presumably

ngxu_banner.png

>wotta tosser.. thats all I've got to say.>>LOLI couldn't have said it better myself!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

>so his>wish to keep FREEWARE freeware becomes a mute point in the end>for people like me.Hi Jon,I see no reason why they could legitimately ask for your personal address - this is a matter of your personal privacy and you should never give out your address to these 'strangers' on the net - that's one thing...I doubt his intention is to keep freeware alive... he's just here to reap all he can get and profit from freeware authors on the internet. He has no ground or solid foundations for his case.... And guys, the most important thing you must understand, if this legal action thing is real, he's in fact using the money he earnt from freeware files (stolen from sites such as flightsim.com and avsim.com) to pay for HIS fees. How selfish can i guy get!!This guy really does have some problem with his head!!Cheers,Dickson

Asking for your address is Ferdy's neanderthal and stupid attempt at intimidation. Both Mike Hambly (the sound guru) and AVSIM have gone through this with Ferdy numerous times. My response, and Mike's too, I believe, was straightforward; "You have lawyers, pay them to find out. If they can't, then you are paying them too much". I don't recall Mike's response being as polite as mine.. :-lol A person seeking to sue someone for defamation would be advised by a lawyer to keep his/her mouth shut and that any communications necessary with the defamer would be via the lawyer. Judging from Ferdy's pitiful attempts to intimidate people, you can conclude one of the following:1.) He has an incompetent law firm working for him2.) He has no law firm working for him3.) His law firm exists only in his imagination and the messages from that firm are getting scrambled during transmission4.) or worse, he sees himself as his lawyerI suspect #2 to be the case, and 3 and 4 are definite possibilities. :-lol

We'll not tollerate any longer defamantion of fsplanet or harassament of our site by any author any longer - we are particolarly targetting those authors wich uses txt or in the habit to post defaming messaging against fsplanet into theirs txt or setup's included in freeware files. We will not esitate to take legal action against those authors or sites in the future - and choice of who will be picted is at our legals discretions. - with legal action to follow. Also we are collecting evidence against those authors who are continuosly defaming fsplanet using txt file included in Freeware zip uploaded on the net. All signed fsplanet offensive txt files are collected and passed on to our sollicitors.I'm sorry but that is HILARIOUS!!!!!! It's pseudo-typo-legaleze!!! ;) :D

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest JDH

I with you Tom, definitely #2!He's just a playground bully who has never grown up.

We'll not tollerate any longer defamantion of fsplanet or harassament of our site by any author any longer - we are particolarly targetting those authors wich uses txt or in the habit to post defaming messaging against fsplanet into theirs txt or setup's included in freeware files. We will not esitate to take legal action against those authors or sites in the future - and choice of who will be picted is at our legals discretions. - with legal action to follow. Also we are collecting evidence against those authors who are continuosly defaming fsplanet using txt file included in Freeware zip uploaded on the net. All signed fsplanet offensive txt files are collected and passed on to our sollicitors.We'll not tolerate the defamation of fsplanet or harrassment of our site by any author any longer. We are particularly targeting those authors who use readme.txt files or are in the habit of posting defaming messages against fsplanet into their readme.txt or setup.exe's included in their freeware files.We will not hesitate to take legal action against those authors or sites in the future, and whom we pick will be at our legal team's discretion.Also, we are collecting evidence against those authors who are continuously defaming fsplanet using readme.txt files included in their freeware .zip files uploaded at various places on the Internet.All signed readme.txt files offensive to fsplanet are collected and passed on to our solicitors. Thank you.

Guest Philip Olson

When I was "younger" in the FS community I used to visit FS Planet on occasion, that is until I heard what he was doing. He does have a nice sight, it is just too bad that he can and will not realize the folly of his position. It would be a simple thing to acknowledge that he was wrong, apologize and then try to do things the right way but something in his character (or lack there of) will not allow that. I can not understand why he thinks all of the rights are his and stands by this no matter how many people tell him differently. It is his opinion that drives him and he can not see that he could be wrong, even if other people have told him he is right, it is still opinion. Here is another example of a person not listening to his "customers", and suffering because of it. It is just sad that someone who has the talent to create such a nice site does not have the intelligence to see that how he does things is wrong. I am sure that he will reap the rewards for his choices right or wrong, it is just sad that others have to suffer through this until he gets whatever "reward" he deserves.Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg