Sign in to follow this  
NFS92

HIFI Technology XPax vs FSPassengersX and compatibility with PMDG Aircraft?

First off I have to say how much I love the 747 and the 737NGX. But after I bought these two birds I encountered trouble using FSPassengersX and I searched the forums for days looking for an answer to fix and I have yet to find one. So since FSPassengers support is virtually gone I'm looking to switch programs. I recently just purchased Active Sky 2012 and couldnt be happier with the product, while i was on there website I saw that they had a passenger simulation. Now this brings me to my question. Which program is better, Xpax or FSPassengers? And will Xpax work with PMDG aircraft?

Link to XPax:

http://www.hifitechinc.com/products/x-pax

Thanks for the help!

Rob

A lot of these programs are not going to work properly with our planes because they attempt the use the standard FSX SDK methods of interacting with the fuel and payload on our aircraft. We don't use the standard methods for a whole host of reasons. I haven't seen HiFi's product yet, but I know FSPassengers has issues - we reached out to the developer multiple times after customers asked us about the issues with it and we received unsatisfactory responses where he blamed us for the issues despite our willingness to tell him exactly how to interface properly with our products. We will not be changing the methods we use as the default SDK-based ones produce inaccurate fuel burn, payload zone weights etc.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Isn't there an option for FS Passengers to load/unload pax without messing with the actual payload?

I used both and ditched both. Hi Fi pax is great value but it was really buggy on the 737

ZORAN

Personally, I use FSCaptain. It has the same features: Failures at random, cabin crew, passengers, logs, etc etc - but it's made much like PMDG with the "You're the pilot, not an airline manager or something else" perspective. You work with the Dispatcher through the flight who makes sure your flight progresses as it should, updating you on winds and wx and hazards, and making sure you land on time.

It's a nice product I feel supplements the style of PMDG more than FSPax or HiFi.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

http://www.fslive.eu/

Iv used both and above is a lot better as it doesnt effect any of the aircraft systems and you can track all your flights and run your route like an airline- but without all the silly business of feed passengers etc. Its got a much better interface also.

Fscaptain has just been updated to version 1.4 which has added the Pmdg 737ngx interface .plus loads of fixes and a new FCDU

try the demo

steve-0