Sign in to follow this  
meshman

P3D launcher?

Your launcher keeps getting better and better! One thing, would it be possible to add checkbox for ifronly setting? There is this ifronly-setting in prepar3d.cfg which, if not set to zero, causes P3D not to show any general aviation AI aircraft using VFR rules. Bigger problem is, that after changes in display settings, P3D for some reason reverts ifronly back to some other value than 0. So, I was wondering if you could spare time to add a checkbox for ifronly=0 setting, which if checked, would write to prepar3d.cfg when launching the sim. Lockheed has promised to fix this thing with next release, but it may take a while and until next release we are stuck with this bug.

"One thing, would it be possible to add checkbox for ifronly setting?"

What a great idea!! I second this big time.

Hi all,

I will include this ifronly fix, not hard to do. I only saw this request after finishiing 3.1, so the fix will go into 3.2.

Changes in 3.1:

• added: aircraft outside of simulator path are now included
  • added: aircraft in existing flights can be changed: you get a warning message if the new aircraft comes from a different aircraft.cfg file
  • added: settings in preferences for flight folders
  • added: edits to flights can be undone; flight file name has a * at the end when you have unsaved changes
  • added: frequencies can be sorted
  • added: double click on airport frequencies to copy to clipboard
  • cosmetic changes: some of the icons and font sizes
  • fixed: possible out of memory error when reading time/date from flight file
  • fixed: sort arrows in airport tab

Thanks, Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

This is such an outstanding add-on!! Where can we donate a few bucks to help with development?

Your support is just great and we all appreciate it very much.

Thanks for the compliments. As for a donation, I would love to see you donate to the WSPA or to your local humane society if you like. Over the years I have enjoyed many of the community's contributions, so this is my way of giving back.

Maarten

Obviously you are an animal lover. My Wife and I have four cats and donate a significant amount of money to the local animal shelter. We also take large bags of cat and dog food to donate to the shelter every Christmas. I applaud your efforts.

Yes, indeed, i'm an animal lover. Here are my 4 cats:

I have now released v3.2 with the 'IFROnly' fix. There's a setting in preferences to enable a reset at every launch of a flight, or you can reset IFROnly to 0 on demand via the Options menu.

Hope you enjoy!

Maarten

Hi Maarten

Trying to setup 3.2 on a network. No FSX installed. On the Set Preferences dialog, when I enter Z:\John Fail\Appdata\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.cfg for the "Prepar3D Configuration File" and click save I get a "File does not exist" error. "Z:" is the host computer.

I am running STB, REX, Plan-G etc. from the client to the host with no difficulty and they are accessing that folder.

Hi John,

1) if Z; is mapped to the C: drive on your host computer, then you should enter:

Z:\Users\John Fail\Appdata\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.cfg

2) did you enter the file name manually or select it from the file selection dialog?

3) have you tried the \\server\share format? Server is the name or IP-address of your host machine

thanks, Maarten

Sorry, I left out the "Users" part when I typed the post.

Also I screwed up and found that I had not shared that user folder on the host so Launcher now sets options correctly.

But I need to make sure I am doing this right,

1. Run P3D on host

2. Run Launcher on client (it reads airports, runways etc.)

3. Load an existing flight using Launcher on the client (i.e I used a Piper Arrow at KPHX which is an previously existing flight I created some time ago) and click "Fly Now"

4. I get an error saying "Another Lockheed Martin simulator is already running"

Obviously I am not clear on the the proper procedure to use Launcher from the client.

Hi John,

You're doing it right, but I'm using SimConnect to detect if the siumlator is running or not and to send flights to the simulator. I think you do not have the green light on (top right corner) when you click on FLy Now, which means that SimLauncher thinks that the simulator is not running and attempts to start it again. That gives you this error message (coming from Prepar3D itself, not from SimLauncher).

A solution might be to put a simconnect.cfg file on your remote computer and a simconnect.xml file on your simulator machine. This is detailed in the Prepar3D SDK under Core Utilities Kit|Simconnect SDK|SimConnect|SimConnect setup|The Simconnect.cfg/xml file. If you send me an e-mail (address in the readme or in the about box), we can probably work this out together. If we get it running, I will put an instruction in the readme, so others will know what to do as well.

thanks, Maarten

I already have a simconnect.cfg/xml file on the appropriate host/client. I have been using it for a long time (2 years plus) with STB, REX, Plan-G and they all work fine on simconnect. Email coming separate.

Thank you very much for the ifronly addition! I had a strange problem when I installed the V3.2 today. I tried to start my flight at couple of different airports, at runway and parking place and always flight created through launcher postioned my aircraft wrong: it was perhaps few hundred meters off where it should be and in small airport aircraft could be located in forest next to the airport even though it should have been on parking ramp. I uninstalled 3.2 and threw in 3.0 (I haven't tested 3.1, that is why I chose 3.0 which I knew was working) and it placed aircraft correctly.

I don't know if this was some sort of temporary installation bug or if something is funny in newest version. I don't have more time to test V3.2 today, probably earliest in wednesday I have time to hop behind my yoke. So it's maybe nothing, but I'll test more later on.

Thank you very much for the ifronly addition! I had a strange problem when I installed the V3.2 today. I tried to start my flight at couple of different airports, at runway and parking place and always flight created through launcher postioned my aircraft wrong: it was perhaps few hundred meters off where it should be and in small airport aircraft could be located in forest next to the airport even though it should have been on parking ramp. I uninstalled 3.2 and threw in 3.0 (I haven't tested 3.1, that is why I chose 3.0 which I knew was working) and it placed aircraft correctly.

I don't know if this was some sort of temporary installation bug or if something is funny in newest version. I don't have more time to test V3.2 today, probably earliest in wednesday I have time to hop behind my yoke. So it's maybe nothing, but I'll test more later on.

I have the same problem. Tested with various parking positions, and always ended in the water :lol: (I like airports near the sea....)

Couple of questions to you all:

1. Curious as to what would be the advantage of putting SimLauncher on a client? I can see any overhead issues. Or is it mearly for personal preference?

2. IFRonly - Does this impact default aircraft only? Don't understand what it is or what it is limiting as I have tons of GA flying around. Just try to get a better understanding of this.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit