Sign in to follow this  
RodBorza

Tool Tips

First of all, I would like to thank and congratulate all involved in the fix for DX10 in FSX. Your effort has been invaluable.

I'm new to FSX, and for the last two weeks I have spent more time tweaking and experimenting on it than logging flying hours.

Using DX9, I was having sttutering and lagging using TrackIR, with low FPS in top of it.

With DX10, no problem using TrackIR, and higher FPS than I ever expected (100+).

However, my system became too unstable. Suddenly, in the middle of the game, system shutdown. It was at random. Initially I thought it was GPU and CPU overheating problem, but it turned out to be the use of Anti-Aliasing with DX10. Took me a while to figure it out.

But,thanks to the "fix" and NVidia settings described in the "How-To" doc, FSX runs cool, stable (finally) and beautiful.

Made three complete flights, plus lots of test flights, and had no computer shutdowns. Only the occasional FSX hang-up when using Alt-Tab too much.

So, I said all of this just to thank you guys!

Thus, in face of so many problems I had, my question may sound as nitpicking: how to get Tool Tips back? Using DX10 they don't appear anymore. They are important to me to set altimeter QNH, since most aircraft show pressure in mmHg, not milibars .

how to get Tool Tips back? Using DX10 they don't appear anymore.

I want the same too:)

For now I switch between Windowed and full screen to get tootips but it would be great to get the text back in full screen.

Yes, it worked for me too.

Windowed mode then,

Anybody knows how to hide the Window Caption Bar?

Right click start, then properties. It's either there or in customise... auto hide task bar.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Louise

London, UK

Note. Hiding that bar will give you 5-10 extra farmes. Maybe more. Also when ready. Hold ALT and the top menu will hide too.

Side note. For W7 64bit users, remove the Automationcore.dll from your machine. Get rid of it. All my other programs work just fine and not one CTD no matter how hard o tried.

PM me for more info. Just FYI!!

BOO

Anybody knows how to hide the Window Caption Bar?

If you mean the Windows title bar at the top, I haven't found a way to hide it. But I created a theme with XP defaults, then reduced the title bar text size to reduce the size of the title bar and darkened the background color of the bar. You can't make the text too small or you won't be able to click on the minimize icon if necessary.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Note. Hiding that bar will give you 5-10 extra farmes. Maybe more. Also when ready. Hold ALT and the top menu will hide too.

Side note. For W7 64bit users, remove the Automationcore.dll from your machine. Get rid of it. All my other programs work just fine and not one CTD no matter how hard o tried.

PM me for more info. Just FYI!!

BOO

ORBX in their products manual also suggest windowed mode as their team works too in this mode (!) but I never managed to make upper and down bars to disappear. So your info is very helpful and I can be in DX9 mode with excellent frames until Steve or someone else fix the grey-blue color of runways in addon airports.

... So your info is very helpful and I can be in DX9 mode with excellent frames until Steve or someone else fix the grey-blue color of runways in addon airports.

Addon converter X is the program for converting Dx9 to Dx10 issues.

If you mean the Windows title bar at the top, I haven't found a way to hide it. But I created a theme with XP defaults, then reduced the title bar text size to reduce the size of the title bar and darkened the background color of the bar. You can't make the text too small or you won't be able to click on the minimize icon if necessary.

Hook

Hi Hook, you gave me an idea, I'll test it later today and if it works I'll send some code to you.

Thanks

Addon converter X is the program for converting Dx9 to Dx10 issues.

I know but it does it only for some addon programs. Not for all :(

Ok, managed to get rid of the FSX title bar, and its window frame.

Looks just like full screen, but it is still windowed.

On-Off with a click =)

Menu available via menu or ALT key, but needs 2 clicks to hide back, if keyboard was used to display.

Instant scenery thinks FSX Is running full screen mode, JaJa But still it works just fine.

Known issues. None so far.

Next Steps:

1.- Working some hooks to minimize/restore from within FSX.

2.- Add some features.

3.- Debug, Polish, Debug.

4.- Release candidate 1.

Cheers.