Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stanner

FSX stuttering on and off

I have an ASUS computer using Win 7 Home Edition. I use it only for flight sim. I have FS2004 which runs very smoothly. However, recently

FSX has begun to stutter on and off.

I do not think it is my sound card since FS2004 runs well. Would reinstalling the FScfg file help?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Stanner

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Agree with Bartbear, in part, but it would also help us if you could provide us with some computer specs when posting questions like this. If you look in your profile, you will see one of the line items provides you the opportunity to list your computer specs. These will then show up on the sidebar. Stuttering is common problem for many. It is nearly impossible to completely eliminate it. FS2K4 runs smoothly because it is more dependent on the GPU and the GPU's have definitely improved since FS2K4 was first released. The modern CPU's allow older games to run better and more smoothly too. But FSX is a different beast as it is most dependent on the CPU and the better the CPU and number of cores the better FSX will function. If you turn up all your GPU sliders to max and all your FSX settings to very high or max settings, you will get stuttering. You have to compromise and study Word Not Allowed's guide. A better link to his guide is here - http://#####.wordpress.com/fsx-software-and-hardware-guide/ as this is his website and he keeps the guide updated there. If you want to read up on stuttering in FSX, I would suggest going to Google.com and typing 'stuttering in FSX' in the search bar. You will find thousands of links related to this topic from all over the flight sim community.

Best regards,

Jim