Sign in to follow this  
6FingerSays

Why is FSX so Green in the Winter...

FSX textures are just awful. Sand mountains, yellow fields, all the result of seriously defective vision and bad color calibration on the part of whichever ACES team member did the textures. It is the 2nd biggest reason I stopped flying FSX next to the frequent crashes. In some areas it looks absolutely hideous.

ACES seriously dropped the ball with FSX. I'm not surprised they got fired. Anyone who didn't see it coming was ignoring the obvious.

Best regards,

Robin.

Quite frankly this is an uninformed comment. If you get crashes with FSX that means you are just not setting it up correctly and have conflicting addons. It scares me that you are a beta tester for a quality addon if you are unable to configure fsx correctly.

Your texture complaints are easily fixed by ultimate terrain plus ground environment addons.

ACES seriously dropped the ball with FSX. I'm not surprised they got fired. Anyone who didn't see it coming was ignoring the obvious.

Best regards,

Robin.

FSX is the best flight sim I've used in 25 years. Far from perfect, but still unmatched six years after its release. ACES rocked!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Is this similar to what you are seeing in FSX? (It was taken today in FSX with REX-E+, UT-X., GEX (1.099) and SceneryTech Landclass

I have to admit that I do not have any first hand experience flying in the Denver area in November so I just compared this with November GoogleEarth photos and it seemed pretty typical to me.

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

It is the 2nd biggest reason I stopped flying FSX next to the frequent crashes.

Just cause I'm curious... If you don't start the game up, how are you beta testing a complicated airplane?

Still curious... It almost sounds to me like you are glad people lost their jobs. All because a game didn't meet your expectations? Is that an accurate interpretation of your comment?