Sign in to follow this  
HexOmega2319

Recently upgraded my system, FSX stuttering? CFG inc.

Yep. 8 sounds about right.

What you must do here is find consequentially where the problem is. Disable one thing after another.

Did you for test purposes install FSX new, backing the old up? Like see if clean FSX is running well? Then running FSXMark11 on it?

If there is an error IN your sim, I don't think it's going to be easy for an outsider to find what it is. All we can do is give advices.

Syd, in my personal opinion, running AM 254 even on the HT-on 4-core CPU is futile. HT doesn't help with FSX and that's a final. Been confirmed so many times. I think it has been confirmed that there are neither + nor - to running HT though. My personal is: overclock as much as you can with HT off, this is where FSX benefits as much.

Otherwise the correct AM for 8-threaded CPU is 84 (01010100).

I don't do HT. I tried a bunch of different AM settings and 254 was definitely the smoothest. I'll try 84 and see if there is a difference. My machine has four physical and 8 virtual cores. Also, I don't overclock at all, although this CPU has a built in "Turbo Boost" that kicks in when needed. I need my machine to be stable and I don't have the time to tinker with all of the timing issues that overclocking creates. Don't take this the wrong way, but I tried your tweaks, and on my box, it slowed it down and the visual got jerkier. That's why I had to go back to square one. I'm running an AMD video card. Perhaps that's the difference.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

has four physical and 8 virtual cores

?????? What kind of CPU is that? Please clarify?

I don't do HT

And if your CPU has 8 virtual cores, how do you have it without HT?

You are kinda contradicting yourself.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I tried your tweaks, and on my box, it slowed it down and the visual got jerkier.

Don't worry, man. I knew from the beginning that the solution is not for everyone. It will never be able to be.

I need my machine to be stable and I don't have the time to tinker with all of the timing issues that overclocking creates.

Also understandable. Not all computers are for FSX only. Fully understand.

I'm running an AMD video card. Perhaps that's the difference.

Definitely an important one.

This is a clean install of FSX, I just bought a SSD and installed windows 7 X64 + FSX. Okay so, I reverted all the Nvidia settings to default, renamed FSX, deleted the files and folders as you requested and I ran the test flight while still using the ingame settings you recommended from your guide. Idling on the end of the runway got me about 12-17 fps in the VC. With the ingame settings at Default I'm still getting around 15 FPS. I have yet to run FSMark on it.

Maybe not a big thing, but did you completely disabling avast and antimalware bytes? Or at least completely excluding fsx.exe process AND the whole FSX folder from scanning? In both programs... and btw. if you didn't know, running two protections paralelly can be really a killer on any system. I have Kaspersky, and even that on my HDD was a killer. On the SSD I don't notice it any more.

Btw. for comparison, I wonder why you CPU is hovering at 14% and mine is almost idle, just peaks here and there when I do something.

Comparison:

And just for the record, even clean FSX ran really poorly on this machine. The only way I've gotten smooth results was with DX10 enabled, and even that gave me artifacting.

\

I'm running an AMD video card.

How have you altered the graphics card settings? I own a Dell XPS 8500 (see specifications listed) without overclocking. Neither Bojote or Word Not Allowed's tweaks were able to improve my performance, and I still receive approximately the same frames per second as the original poster does. I always thought that this was an issue with the AMD card. I am too unfamiliar with tweaking to understand what could be going wrong.

Idling on the end of the runway got me about 12-17 fps in the VC. With the ingame settings at Default I'm still getting around 15 FPS. I have yet to run FSMark on it.

:mad: :mad: :mad: Arrgh.

How is your device manager looking? Clean, everything installed?

Since you said you installed W7 new, did you take care of all motherboard/chipset drivers, the newest intel storage drivers, especially because of the SSD... just askin here. Shooting into unknown actually.

I have to say, I finally used the BP=0 and gave the water a bump up from 2X mid to high and now have much smoother performance all of the way around. Having used reject threshold or whatever was used instead of BP=0, I always thought my system ran FSX pretty well until I changed it to BP=0 yesterday. Hardly a micro stutter in any flight parameter with any addon airplane now....even with heavy cloud draws....using 2048 sky textures. This particular tweak was certainly right for my pc.

Let's do this simple. Instead of doing 100 more posts, let's try teamviewer, maybe I can find the problem in couple of minutes.

Install and send me the id and temp-password per email.

Okay, here are the images you requested:

Many unecessary services running.

Running "malawarebytes' and "Avast" at the same time is overkill.

Just use mbam as an on demand scanner

Try shuttig down the "steam service" if you're not using steam.

Try here for some advice on Windows optimizations:

http://www.blackviper.com/

All these little things may help.

?????? What kind of CPU is that? Please clarify?

And if your CPU has 8 virtual cores, how do you have it without HT?

It's an i7-3770. I'm not a computer engineer so I can't really answer the HT question, except that I was under the impression that this one did not do that.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.