Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

Installing REX 2 in P3D (?)

Hello All --- well decided to look into my next challenge and figure out how to have REX2 (older REX, not the newer version coming) installed in both FSX and P3D at the same time (not sure it can be done). REX claims compatibility with both sims. BUT....the installer for REX2 is very "pointed" at FSX and, maybe parts of it do not have to be installed again, to run in P3D.

I have spent time reading the REX site, and forum, and cannot seem to get clear answers or directions of any kind. Am I barking at the moon here?? Is REX a "one-sim" add on only??

Appreciate any comments or help from anyone who had been through this exercise.

Thanks As Always --- Bob B)

You should be able to use the freeware FSXtoP3D tool and leave it in "prepar3d" mode while REX installs textures to FSX (it should in turn be copied to the P3D root folder as well).

I've used REX since it first came out and love the program. The earlier versions you have to use a migration tool such as FSX2Prepar3D (10.00 us)...which I did and it worked fine.

The last two versions, Essentials and Essentials+OverDrive have P3D installers, however, it costs to 4.99 (one time) to get the license key and make it work properly.

I have the latest version and it's just great.

Good Luck,

Tom

@apollomaker

Well: Don't look at the REX forum, look at your Flightsimstore account ;-)

The new REX Essential+ can be downloaded from the Flightsimstore for free, if you login there and look at your "downloadable files".

REX2 is history and no longer needed. A full new Installer is available for REX Essential+.

Everything else is "self explaining". If you like to use REX Essential+ within P3D, a one time fee of 4,99$ has to be paid, but that is also well explained within the software.

Make sure, on using REX Essential+, to choose (this is new!) a Username and Password you remeber(!), as your purchase of these 4,99$ is saved together with this username.

Beside REX there are many, many ORBX files, that have been updated (for free !) to a dual installer version FSX/P3D.

Ralf

REX2 is history and no longer needed. A full new Installer is available for REX Essential+.

Hiya Ralf --- Yes, I finally caught up my old setup for REX -- from the old REX2 days to now with REX Essential + Overdrive. At least I am along this far :lol: --- the changing from FSX to Prepar3D is going to take a while until P3D is really ready and stable enough do "permanent things" in it. Also, I did make note of my user name and password for the new REX stuff so we are making progress.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions! Much appreciated.

Anyone else getting horizontal lines through the clouds since the 'Update'?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hello All --- well decided to look into my next challenge and figure out how to have REX2 (older REX, not the newer version coming) installed in both FSX and P3D at the same time (not sure it can be done). REX claims compatibility with both sims. BUT....the installer for REX2 is very "pointed" at FSX and, maybe parts of it do not have to be installed again, to run in P3D.

I have spent time reading the REX site, and forum, and cannot seem to get clear answers or directions of any kind. Am I barking at the moon here?? Is REX a "one-sim" add on only??

Appreciate any comments or help from anyone who had been through this exercise.

Thanks As Always --- Bob B)

I have installed Rex essentials + on both FSX and Prepar3D. I paid the $4 fee for the prepar3D version. The only thing I did was change the location of the installer when going to Prepar3D. Then I rechange the location whenever I shift between FSX and Prepar3D.

Henri Arsenault

Anyone else getting horizontal lines through the clouds since the 'Update'?

Jude, this is because you have ENABLE REALISTIC HAZE LAYER checked ON in the REX/CONFIG/CLOUDS tab. Check that OFF, and make certain that P3D is closed prior.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com