Sign in to follow this  
durkadurka

Which license please?

Hello,

Sorry if this has been brought up before. I did look at some older topics and couldn't find anything. I'm thinking of moving from Fsx to Prepar3d and was wondering if the Academic license was enough to get the same enjoyment I currently get from Fsx?

Also can I port over most of my add ons. Ftx orbx scenery, vfr photo scenery. aivlasoft efb. iFly, pmdg, caranado, quality wings, level design, flight 1 and a few others.

Thanks again for reading.

Yes... and yes.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Strongly suggest the Flight Sim Estonia P3D migrator tool, it takes away all the hard work!

So that would now be Yes, yes... and yes! :wink:

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Strongly suggest the Flight Sim Estonia P3D migrator tool, it takes away all the hard work!

Cheers thanks for the heads up.

One last question(or maybe a few more ) what is the difference between Academic and Professional versions please?

what is the difference between Academic and Professional versions please?

Mostly, the cost. The Academic version has a watermark in the upper right. The licensing is different.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Mostly, the cost. The Academic version has a watermark in the upper right. The licensing is different.

Hook

That's it. Okay cheers again. Might just head over to the website now and have a little purchase.

Before you can download any version your'e presented with the relevant EULA. Why not read them and decide for yourself?

Before you can download any version your'e presented with the relevant EULA. Why not read them and decide for yourself?

Because the EULA doesn't say what differences there are between the programs. Or more correctly, it doesn't say the programs are the same except for the watermark. Even if it did, there's no sense wading through all the legalese to find the pertinent information. His question was a valid one to ask here.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

The OP twice specifically asked about licence, not version.

It isn't obvious unless you focus on the top right hand corner of the border framing the window of P3D.

I didn't realise it was there until someone asked about it.

Well, look no further. Have couple of links for you!

http://#####...nce-comparison/

http://#####...patibiliy-list/

Also, feel free to use the FSX tweaking guide also on P3D (also on the blog). It makes it run even better.

Word Not Allowed,

Many thanks for the links. I've had your blog booked marked ever since I got back in to flying again(used to Sim about 6 years ago).

I went and bought P3D on Saturday and currently running it side by side with FSX. I also went and bought the migrator tool from Flight Sim Estonia and slowly moving a number of scenery and planes over to P3D. I having a few issues but I'm sure I will sort them out. My IFly 737 doesn't have landing gear, where in FSX I have no issues with this?? I have asked on the Flight Sim Estonia forum if they have seen this before. I also cant fly on Vatsim with P3D which is a bit unfortunate, hence why I keeping FSX running.

Anyway thanks again and I'm currently using your tweaking guide to get FSX and P3D the best I can.

Brenden

Edit. I forgot to ask. I'm running a 120hz monitor. I have my target frame rate set to 30 and in Nvidia inspector I have V Sync set to 1/2 refresh rate is that correct please?

+1 here, I am running sb4 with P3D on Vatsim.