Sign in to follow this  
Stoli151

FSX+TrackIR5+EZDOK=Awesome!

that sounds very interesting thank you.

is this software sold on the high street in DVD cases, like Walmart of Penneys?

EZDOK or OpusFSX can only be bought online as downloads.

that sounds very interesting thank you.

is this software sold on the high street in DVD cases, like Walmart of Penneys?

You should be able to find them in the FSX section at Walmart. Look for the little brown boxes with gold lettering. Just be sure you don't walk into the X-Plane section by mistake, they look similar but are not compatible at all!

Can you create multiple user profiles with TrackIR?

If you head several/many people using it, of different heights, my profile wouldnt work with somebody 6" taller than me...

Edited by RCITGuy

It would work just fine with no need for separate profiles for users. You just hit the recenter button and you're good to go.

-Damien

Yes, you can create different profiles. I have different profiles with the only change being the buttons that activate centering and pausing for joystick and yoke. You can create different profiles for different games and it will select the profile automatically. You can lock one profile if you wish, which is what I ended up having to do for Microsoft Flight and FSX which were originally set up with different profiles. You might have quite different profiles for flight simming and racing, for example.

And yes, different users can have different profiles. The likely difference between users is that one will prefer more or less sensitivity in various axes than another.

Edit: Damien is right, above. I'll scoot down in my chair 6" and recenter the view for that height, then scoot back up to raise my default viewpoint to see over the cowl for landing. Simulates cranking the seat up in an aircraft. Two users of different heights could use the same profile without problems.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Looks like there is a demo, I'll have to check it out. Kinda hoping it isn't that much better because I really don't want to drop another $45 bucks. I also have ASE so I hope it's weather engine isn't better either,LOL.

I'm married to REX Essentials Plus as it's been fabulous so far. Can you tell me, does Opus allow you to run just the motion effects and not the weather engine?

Thanks in advance ;o)

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest Raul_Hernandez

Can you create multiple user profiles with TrackIR?

If you head several/many people using it, of different heights, my profile wouldnt work with somebody 6" taller than me...

You can, but you don't need to in that instance Richard. When starting TrackIR it will just track from the centre of the current location of the user, whether they are 5' or 6' :smile: .... as long as they are within the (wide) range of view for the TIR receiver, their experience will be the same, without needing separate profile due to their height.

Can you tell me, does Opus allow you to run just the motion effects and not the weather engine?

Thanks in advance ;o)

Yes.

And Vice Versa - you can run just the weather engine, without the cameras/head movements.

When you open the GUI, the "config" page has master ON/OFF check boxes for the key features.

Just a Tip regarding DHM in Opus (Dynamic Head Movements): ... a lot of people report that the DHM just is not working at all for them; and they're not seeing any motion of the aircraft.

The reason is that people sometimes expect the DHM to be working on their standard (non-OPUS Camera) view in the VC, but it does not. It is necessary to create a new view (even if its the same as your standard VC view), and set up / activate the DHM settings for this view, in order to see the effect. This newly created view can be set as 'default' in the OPUS Camera page, so it will work as soon as you load the plane. :smile: ... but you do need to set up this new view.

....... that one initially caught me out, but once I cracked it and saw the DHM working (flawlessly with my TrackIR), I immediately uninstalled EZDOK, which for me was unstable and unreliable, and led to TIR stopping working very regularly.

Long live OPUS !

Stoli51, if you really want to go all nuts and out of your mind, get OpusFSX too!
Finally broke down and bought Opus as well. You were right, way better than EzDok, and the weather engine is fabulous! Totally worth the $45 bucks I spent.

Yes, trackir and ezdok together are awesome.

Without weather software it's maybe a good idea to consider opus. 

But Ezdok is far better, i mean it's not only cameras positions, but correct cameras movements in shaky weather or in heavy turns. The dynamic camera in opus is a little toy vs ezdok.

At the beginning i have took ezdok for camera positions, and after i was impressed by camera movements in ezdoks.

Ezdok is very powerful, maybe too much powerfull, and it's hard to tune it properly.

Opus do the job, but it's only better than nothing. It's easy to set, but it's a joke vs ezdok.

The thing to do in ezdok is to take a microsoft aircraft camera setting similar to the target aircraft, and after you can tune cameras properly, you will have the best. It's impossible to find on internet correct settings, so i think many users don't know how to set correctly ezdok and prefer opus. 

After an update i re-open my opus, but all the time i relaunch my as2012 (sp2) and my ezdok. Maybe in the future opus will be the graal...