Sign in to follow this  
catchman

Advice Wanted Before Purchase: Captainsim 727 v. Coolsky DC-9

Just to clear up some things. At the moment we are holding off a release of the paintkit, because we are trying to fix some components of our site to make sure that the site does not crush under its own load. So we want everything to work fine before we start facilitating the paintkit of the DC-9-30.

With the paintkit you are allowed to paint and release (Using the .dds textures that you get from us, either as a free download or payware texture package, is NOT allowed). So no uncommon restrictions on the paints: Paint as much as you want and distribute for your fellow simmers, only restriction is that you are not allowed to sell our work.

Hi Dhierin,

Thanks for taking the time to respond - that does clear things up - as I've seen that question mentioned on more than one post... That sounds more than fair - I'm on board and will look at picking this great looking bird up...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

The DC-9 has quickly become my favorite FS aircraft and I appreciate all of the hard work that was put into it by Coolsky and McPhat. However, the paintkit situation is ridiculous. We have had two separate release timeframes come and go, and the above is the third different excuse I have read. While it is not the end of the world (that's reserved for the 21st), it is frustrating; I enjoy painting and sharing those paints. Besides, what does your website infrastructure have to do with the kit? McPhat has taken the stance that the kit is part of the DC-9 and Coolksy's responsibility, shouldn't they be the ones distributing it on coolsky.no? Again, I appreciate what has been done, but hasn't this gone on long enough? You already have a kit, just release it....

Last post I am making in this topic, if you have any questions just PM me and I will happily answer those. You have to prepare your site well for a paintkit release, you have to facilitate the extra flow of downloaders. It really is not that hard to figure out what a paintkit release has to do with the website infrastructure. The kit also has been altered for you, it is not just supplying you with the paintkit we have. As a customer this whole thing looks easy, if you see the work that has to be done behind the screens you would know that it is not as easy as it seems. At the moment there is a component that really has to be fixed before we can put the paintkit online. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Geez, one just has to throw their hands in the air about the convoluted mess that is the support structure for the DC-9. First I ask MCP about the kit an am told to go to Coolsky. Then, Coolsky says go back to MCP to which Terrence unequivocally says it up to Coolsky. Coolsky was asked again and the response was Terrence would deliver the pk "next Friday", that was two next Fridays ago... Now, you are saying that MCP is back in charge of the PK and Coolsky has nothing to do with it?!

My head hurts...

Your head should hurt.....

What else do you expect me to say? We are trying hard to get the paintkit to you as soon as possible.

This really is my last message on the matter, if you have anything to say send me a PM :).

Starting to remind me of the Wilco/FeelThere "collaboration". It seems unless there is a united, single point of entry for a given product, it ends up complicating the support structure to the point of frustration for the customer. Not a good thing for either company if you ask me.

- Aaron