Sign in to follow this  
abasa12

New File - Copyright?

I have created a repaint, using cropped and rotated images from Google Images, a background white texture available for download freely by Holgi, and compiled with DXT1Bmp. Can I still upload this file to AVSIM or does it breach copyright to too much extend?

Thank you!

-abasa12

Best to check with google images first.

You would have to forward to the library any info they send you approving this and also include it in the file package in addition to the readme.txt file.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Best to check with google images first.

You would have to forward to the library any info they send you approving this and also include it in the file package in addition to the readme.txt file.

What about airliners.net and airplane-pictures.net? Are they OK?

Thanks for the reply!

What about airliners.net and airplane-pictures.net? Are they OK?

I believe you still have to request permission from the individual artists/photographers, unless they have explicitly granted free, unlimited public distribution.

I believe you still have to request permission from the individual artists/photographers, unless they have explicitly granted free, unlimited public distribution.

Yes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If I paint a repaint with a picture from Creative Commons (with the modify, adapt, build upon box checked) on a texture (from Holgi) of just white on the Airbus Xtended from Aerosoft, would it be OK to post?

If I paint a repaint with a picture from Creative Commons (with the modify, adapt, build upon box checked) on a texture (from Holgi) of just white on the Airbus Xtended from Aerosoft, would it be OK to post?

As long as it's all your own work then yes - follow the guidelines (all listed here on the first upload page: http://library.avsim.net/upload.php) and upload to the library.

But if you've included any material from anywhere else in your repaint you need to ask the originator of that material for permission. Unless they've specifically stated that its free for all to edit and re-use in their own projects.