Sign in to follow this  
DetCord

FSPassengers Question

...but it was really hard to install on my payware aircraft. I came back to FSCaptain with the latest version, and it has improved so much that I am really addicted to it again. It's wonderful to see that the development is ongoing.

I hear you +1.

It's still somewhat idiosyncratic to install, the auto installer (for me) has never worked. It's a case of manually editing the panel files, this is very difficult with FS2Crew as well. It's probably worth noting that FSP also has this problem but there doesn't seem to be a way of fixing FSP.

I do believe that FSCaptain 1.5(?) will be a simconnect CDU without the panel file editing at least on FSX.

Ian R Tyldesley

The most consistent thing I'm hearing here and everywhere is that the user interface needs to be streamlined and simplified; it's grown unwieldy with all the added options over the years. I totally agree.

Version 1.5 (which will be starting beta as soon as the lingering issues with the SimConnect FCDU are fully resolved) will have fully integrated support for almost all the popular add-ons and no need to install a panel gauge. That will resolve much of the installation headaches.

The following version will sport a redesigned and much easier to use Administrator program that will have the most common options easily accessible and the more obscure (but still important in many cases) options in a "Advanced Options" section.

It's still on sale and will be through the 15th. All updates are free -- we don't charge extra for new versions.

(This thread has drifted so much it's probably better that we start a new one -- or,suggestions are always welcome at the FSCaptain forums http://fscaptain.proboards.com)

Dutch

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

While I have never tried FSCaptain so I can't speak about it I can speak about FSPax.

As an option, the VA I fly with allows for pilots to submit their flights using FSPAX instead of an ACARS app.

I tried it and have never looked back.

I will say that when I fly the F1 ATR and leave the panel open I notice a hit on FPS so I only open the panel when I want to have the stewardess serve food/bev or start a movie (not applicable on the short ATR type flights) <_<

The application for me is very stable. I would say the application is in maintenance mode as it a mature product and not under active development.

EDIT:

PS I have both FS9 & FSX FSPax user experience.

Like you i was also a FS9 and FSX FSPassengers user, in fact i bought FSP for FSX the night it was released.

Maintenance mode - That would be a nice way of saying abandoned.

Again I have no problem with this, it's wrong to expect development ad-infinitum; what does annoy me is that the author continues to charge with no clear indication that the application is in "maintenance mode".

Ian R Tyldesley

Just a factual note. FSCaptain has the same VA reporting facility using the same protocol.

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

Old thread, but if anyone is reading this I have been using FSPassengers under Windows 7/64 for two years with no problems at all.