Sign in to follow this  
Ourgas2

On-line site for runways in use?

Thanks for your inputs guys. It helped.

Happy landings!

Christos

This site works for all Canadian major airports: http://atm.navcanada.ca/

In Canada:

http://atm.navcanada.ca/iwv/ gives you a live list of some of the major airports. Click on the airport you are interested in, and look for which runways have their lights on (and intensity), as well as any ILS equipment (if equipped). It gives you a good idea which ones are active.

Oops just saw this after I posted the link. +!

If not on vatsim and being shouted at to tune to a frequency which I checked and didn't exist 10 minutes ago! lol, I usually just check the metar at the intended destination and

land as close to down wind as possible. It bugs me when vatsims controllers do that, they don't seem to get it that in BA virtual we are not allowed to pause as the system detects it and

we loose the entire flight, add fuel or even go away from the computer as it detects that also and makes us file a manual position report every so often. So when you've checked to see

who is online and no atc is online for your intended flight plan, you've got ready and took off, started a good SID and are about to do a few more procedures before you reach the end of a sid and then a bloomin controller boots you out of vatsim, it's not nice lol. Soap box rant over with. :)

Controllers on VATSIM don't have the power to "boot you out of VATSIM". If they come online while you are in their area of responsibility, normally they will use a tool to send out a generic "Contact me on <frequency>" message. If you aren't in a critical stage of flight, you should contact them as soon as possible.