Sign in to follow this  
Jikul

Where is the NAV1 radio?

Hello guys,

I just bought this beauty after reading wonderful things about it. It is indeed a spectacular aircraft and already one of my favorites, together with the RealAir Turbine Duke.

I'm having a tiny problem which is certainly going to cause me a facepalm once I sort it out. The thing is, I can't seem to find where the NAV1 radio is. I've been using the NAV2, which is the right Collins radio. Here's a picture of the cockpit.

201312172029765.jpg

I'm still learning my way around the cockpit and the lack of a user guide doesn't help.

Thanks for the help! :)

Thanks Joe. I was just considering that possibility. I hadn't even tried turning the thing on. Indeed, facepalm. hehe :lol:

Thank you!

G'day Jikul.

Another point to note: To tune the NAV1 just push the big button in the bottom left of the GNS530 labelled - "Push C/V", as that gives the focus to tune in the NAV1 freqs. Push the same button to go back to COM1.

Pete.

Hi Pete. Fortunately there is a small PDF describing the GNS530 buttons and I figured it out immediately. But thanks :)

I have to say, the Skymaster is an incredible airplane and a very nice improvement over that C152 I usually fly and, specially, my lovely Cub. Brilliant job Carenado!

Welcome to the Skymaster fanatics club! My wife actually talked me into getting this as she'd always kinda liked them IRL. It immediately became a favorite, and over a year later remains a favorite.

Scott

And when you kinda want some more 'get-up-and-go', try "Turbo-Charging" it (look through this forum for 'howto' details). That makes it one fast bird! The mods are easy to do.

The #2 Nav is not labeled right! It's incorrectly labeled as a Collins Comm, even though it works correctly as a Nav radio. It should say, Collins Nav.

The #2 Nav is not labeled right! It's incorrectly labeled as a Collins Comm, even though it works correctly as a Nav radio. It should say, Collins Nav.

Correct - it's a purely cosmetic labeling error. Bert Pieke has a fix for this - you might try PM'ing him to see if he'd send it to you.

Scott