Sign in to follow this  
User7902

Experience X

FWIW I bought this the other day and replaced UTX lights with this. Not too happy with the results. Lights seem to be far fewer (and a noticeable loss of lights outside a certain radius) and the performance is identical, which is to say, quite bad. Granted, I run ridiculous detail settings and high quality add-ons coming out the wazoo, but basically for me it's a loss.

It does work at a cost of smoothness - just like UTX - I have it disabled. <sigh>

Had this for Christmas (requested!). I like it a lot, and don't seem to get any performance issues. Actually I'm in touch with the Developers at the moment. Two things:- The instructions for 'enhanced lights' in photo scenery areas are quite inadequate, and I have made some suggestions which are under review. The second problem. If you are using Aerosoft Maderia coupled with GSX, you are probably using a Patch file to stop GSX and other cars etc running around under taxi ways. After installing the ExperienceX enhanced lights for Maderia, I had the FSX default control tower sitting across one of the apron 'roads'. Removing a bgl file that ExperienceX had supplied corrected this problem. At present I have sent them the Patch file in question (for GSX), and they are running some tests.

What sort of system are you running? This look pretty darned realistic to me. I'm interested. Thanks for the find.

sandy at 4.7ghz, GTX 660 ti, matrox triplehead2go

the devs played around with my terrain.cfg and the effect is terrific, however it drops my fps by about 25-30% which is ok around default scenery as I easily maintain 30FPS, approaching anything complex can mean 14-15 fps which is not acceptable for me

approaching anything complex can mean 14-15 fps which is not acceptable for me

Nor is it for me and probably many others, as I only fly in GEX/UTX and Orbx scenery with addon airports!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776