Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

GSX/AES not working..then please report it here

I am running FSX with all service packs.  The site that you sent me to has a Demo  version.  Do I download that or is there another location to download the latest version?  If the Demo is correct, do I download, then delete the old version first before installing the new?  Thanks S. Sumner.   

Update process has changed starting from today.

Un-install previous version via Windows Control Panel

Go to downloads page: http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Download (save) package to your desktop. Unzip and run "setup"

Your license.key when present in installation folder, will activate the Demo package.

Download and install, no problem.  I started FSX as normal, then went to KLAS, which is a FSDreamTeam scenery.  I then loaded up my 737 NGX.  Once everything was stable, I started MCE.  So far so good.  Jim came on and introduced himself.  After which I called Jim and requested catering service.  Jim responds, and calls for CC to bring catering.  After a minute or so, Jim says truck is on the way, but the truck never shows up.  If I fire up GSX manually, no prob.  Trucks show right up.  Same goes with all other GSX commands.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.  S. Sumner

Steve Sumner

Download and install, no problem.  I started FSX as normal, then went to KLAS, which is a FSDreamTeam scenery.  I then loaded up my 737 NGX.  Once everything was stable, I started MCE.  So far so good.  Jim came on and introduced himself.  After which I called Jim and requested catering service.  Jim responds, and calls for CC to bring catering.  After a minute or so, Jim says truck is on the way, but the truck never shows up.  If I fire up GSX manually, no prob.  Trucks show right up.  Same goes with all other GSX commands.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.  S. Sumner

Just to narrow down the issue, suggest you try a different airport, preferably non FSDT airport.

OK  ,went to home airport, KPIA, which is not a FSDT location.  When I start MCE, each time a window opens saying " Windows is Configuring MCE...................".    Then loads normally.  When the program starts to load and Jim makes his anouncement, I notice the screen jumps for a split second.  This happens maybe once or twice.  The main GSX screen also displays, then after a few seconds, the GSX screen closes, then Jim makes his announcement.  Again, GSX only works when I press keys.  Next option.  I appreciate your help. THX. 

Steve Sumner

OK  ,went to home airport, KPIA, which is not a FSDT location.  When I start MCE, each time a window opens saying " Windows is Configuring MCE...................".    Then loads normally.  When the program starts to load and Jim makes his anouncement, I notice the screen jumps for a split second.  This happens maybe once or twice.  The main GSX screen also displays, then after a few seconds, the GSX screen closes, then Jim makes his announcement.  Again, GSX only works when I press keys.  Next option.  I appreciate your help. THX. 

Please go to C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\ folder and post the settings found in

KeyMapping.ini

You must ask Jim for any service you need. 

"Jim we need catering"

"Jim we'd like to start boarding"

etc...

See GSX&AESmanual.pdf for all available voice commands.

It's only after you make the request that he automatically handles the GSX menu.

Also, after you have eventually requested catering (even manually), do you see the NGX service doors automatically open the moment the catering trucks are in place?

Is there anything in your setup that is set to intercept keyboard keys 1 to 9?

Dear FS+++        The doors do open automatically, and I am making the proper request per instructions in pdf file.  There is nothing interfering with numbers on my laptop.  Although I have a secondary keyboard plugged in to laptop, which has the numbers inhibited because of EZDoc program. 

This is my .ini file:  [global]

youcontrol=ctrl=F12

[GSX]

shortcut=shift=clrl+F12

[ParkMe]

parkingcontrol=ctrl+shift+P

[XPOI]

showWikiMenu=ctrl+19

toggleWikiPage=ctrl+F10

showMenu=ctrl+F11

When I start MCE, program continues to configure windows.

Steve Sumner

youcontrol=ctrl=F12

Suggest you change "youcontrol=ctrl=F12" to "youcontrol=ctrl+F12"

When I start MCE, program continues to configure windows.

Something must be wrong here with your MCE installation. Possibly anti-virus like Avast killing off "mce.exe" which in turn gets Windows installer to repair the damage every time you start MCE.

Suggest you tell your anti-virus to trust files in \Multi Crew Experience\ installation folder. They are digitally signed files anyway.

Then un-install MCE via Windows Control Panel, and re-install by running "setup" and not "xPack.msi".

Sorry  file does read  youcontrol=ctrl+F12    I will try your solution.  Thanks

Just in case your GSX setings file is messed up, try updating or re-installing GSX too.

Well, when I try to open one of your PDF help files, I gat that same problem with windows configuring MCE.    GRRRRRRRR!!!!

You may have been un-installing or re-installing MCE while one of the pdf documents (part of the iinstallation pckage)was open.

Close all documents, restart your machine. Un-install MCE and re-install it

Eventually consider updating adobe reader.

We are good to go.  What I ended up doing was, I ran force stop MCE, then restored factory settings, all from the tools folder.  I then did an uninstall from Control panel.  Next I suspended anti-virus. Next was a re-install.  So far so good.  When the install was completed, I sat for a second before jumping right into FSX.   I decided to run MCE before running FSX.  I did all the preliminary set-up, except for voice training.  Then I fired up FSX.  Once loaded, I started MCE, waited for intro.  By the way, no window pop up saying "Windows config. MCE ".   I also noticed no flickering of the screen.

After the intro by Jim, I called, " Jim, request catering. "  Jim came on, called for CC, CC responded, then, to my relief, the GSX window poped open, and the Number 4 highlighted on its own, and immediately the catering trucks showed up.  We are happy campers now.  I hope you will be able to pass this solution on to the next customer who may have similar prob.  Thanks for your patience with me, and am looking forward to Your PMDG777 add on.  Thanks again.  S. Sumner

Steve Sumner

We are good to go.  What I ended up doing was, I ran force stop MCE, then restored factory settings, all from the tools folder.  I then did an uninstall from Control panel.  Next I suspended anti-virus. Next was a re-install.  So far so good.  When the install was completed, I sat for a second before jumping right into FSX.   I decided to run MCE before running FSX.  I did all the preliminary set-up, except for voice training.  Then I fired up FSX.  Once loaded, I started MCE, waited for intro.  By the way, no window pop up saying "Windows config. MCE ".   I also noticed no flickering of the screen.

After the intro by Jim, I called, " Jim, request catering. "  Jim came on, called for CC, CC responded, then, to my relief, the GSX window poped open, and the Number 4 highlighted on its own, and immediately the catering trucks showed up.  We are happy campers now.  I hope you will be able to pass this solution on to the next customer who may have similar prob.  Thanks for your patience with me, and am looking forward to Your PMDG777 add on.  Thanks again.  S. Sumner

Glad to hear it's all sorted.

Thanks for feedback.

That's what forums are there for. No doubt somebody else will find this info useful.

I'm not sure if this is my doing, but everything loads up fine, including GSX.  When I contact ground, I ask for pushback, and mechanic says they are ready, but then co-pilot comes on and says negative, must wait for ground services to finish.  Not sure what I have to have done first.  Do I have to go through all services?  I fly cargo, which does not require passenger boarding.  I understand if aircraft has to be properly configured just before engine start.  I have the latest version of program.  I run FSX, SP1, and SP2.  Windows 7 home premium. 64bit. Is there a proper sequence?  Thanks.  S. Sumner

Steve Sumner

I'm not sure if this is my doing, but everything loads up fine, including GSX.  When I contact ground, I ask for pushback, and mechanic says they are ready, but then co-pilot comes on and says negative, must wait for ground services to finish.  Not sure what I have to have done first.  Do I have to go through all services?  I fly cargo, which does not require passenger boarding.  I understand if aircraft has to be properly configured just before engine start.  I have the latest version of program.  I run FSX, SP1, and SP2.  Windows 7 home premium. 64bit. Is there a proper sequence?  Thanks.  S. Sumner

You don’t have to go through all services. It’s completely interactive, request any or none.

The bug could be in the software, as we aren’t currently handling cargo airplanes.

When FO complains about services not being completed, it would be because he picked up GSX info in green bar such as “Boarding requested”, and still hasn’t received “Boarding completed”. Maybe the process is different for cargo airplane.

What aircraft are you using?