Sign in to follow this  
Talek

if you want to get rid of big squares

i've find a solution: go to the scenery folder of your addon scenery, find XXXlight or XXXpapy bgl's, and just erase them :)

the only problem is that there will be no PAPY in your airport.

What shader patch version are you running, Talek?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

v2.2.2, i don't get this issue in default airports

this is not for default airports but for ADDON SCENERY, for example flytampa dubai where i used to get big red squares instead of PAPY lights so i just erased papy bgl

Try version 3.2.2, here. It may fix some of those things.. Also check the FT site for updates to their scenery.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

well i tried and still get big red squares at flytampa dubai, does it works for you ?

i don't understand why night nextures and papy aren't working, the textures are DDS format right ? why DX10 can't display it ?

Hi!

I get the same in FlyTampa Montreal. They state that Monteal is NOT DX10 certified though.

Maybe I'll put on my best suit and tie and pay a visit to the forum and ask nicely for a DX10 fix!

FYI, I am using the newest shader patch.

well i tried and still get big red squares at flytampa dubai, does it works for you ?

i don't understand why night nextures and papy aren't working, the textures are DDS format right ? why DX10 can't display it ?

Me too, anyone know a way to get rid of the PAPI from FlyTampa textures?

Me too, anyone know a way to get rid of the PAPI from FlyTampa textures?

Read my first message, go to your addonscenery/flytampadubai/scenery

erase all XXXXlights or XXXXpapy BGL files.

I saw that but I thought I couldn't see them in the folder.. I'll search properly this time :)

Found it, and fixed it thanks!

Also confirm this fix works for KTPA Tampa Rebooted as well. In KTPA case though you only need to delete the PAPI files.

Cheers

Hello,

Now that we've removed the red squares, is there a way to add DX10 compliant PAPI lights even if they're the default lights?

regards

Paul

Paul Dumke

I think it's possible, but i don't know how.

There is a link between bgl files and textures, i said you to remove BGL because if you remove textures instead of bgl ( i tried) all texture you remove will be replaced by black squares.

So maybe we should reinstall the removed BGLs, and replace the textures by a texture who works in DX10

Or make an other BGL file, i have no idea how to do.

I am sure that a person with a little knowledge of scenery building can do that.

The .bgl file contains the instructions to display the textures.

As you say, removing the textures will result in black because the instruction is still

there but the textures have gone.

The best way to disable a .bgl file is to rename it to .bgx, ignoring the warnings

Windows will generate.

Doing this will make it easier to find it if you need to re-enable it.

Changing the texture file to another with the same name might work but it is more

likely that it is not the texture itself but the way it is displayed which causes the

unwanted result.

To successfully edit an airport requires the source files, without which, any editing

will result in the loss of flattens and excludes which will very likely leave the airport

with far greater problems than missing lights.