Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Samaritano

HDEv2 and DX10

Is the HDEv2 sky colors and clouds download compatible with DX10 mode? I did a search and nothing came up.

TIA

No, the product was made for FS9. FS9 is not DX10 compatible. However, there's an addon call Addon_ConverterX and it does convert many textures on the fly (not permanently, just while flying FSX). It has converted some old textures but not sure about this addon. You can download it and run it in demo mode to see if it does work.

Best regards,

Jim

Is the HDEv2 sky colors and clouds download compatible with DX10 mode? I did a search and nothing came up.

TIA

Hi Samaritano. I've been using those HDEv2 clouds without problems with DX10 in FSX for quite a while now. Do make sure you download the version updated specifically for FSX though. The read me document wasn't changed and still states it is for FS9 but the files themselves have been converted to work in FSX.

Hi Samaritano. I've been using those HDEv2 clouds without problems with DX10 in FSX for quite a while now. Do make sure you download the version updated specifically for FSX though. The read me document wasn't changed and still states it is for FS9 but the files themselves have been converted to work in FSX.

Have also used them without problem in DX10 mode but as Zap says you MUST use the FSX version of the sky otherwise it will crash the sim. The sky textures are especially good and I use them instead of REX/FEX etc.

Regards

Adam