Sign in to follow this  
JonRD463

Plausible reality - OSM hotspots

Fair enough, should have started my own thread on the shortcomings in the existing "plausible" system, my apologies for "high jacking", this post.

Glen

p.s. Does it really make a difference in the long run, the issues still need to be addressed, somehow, we all want the same thing in the end? Nice looking scenery all over the world.

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

It's okay. I understand and agree with you Glen. But... yeah, the intent behind this thread was to find and share what is currently available to help improve XPX's scenery with just a few mouseclicks. We all know what it needs in the future. In the meantime, these are places one can fly and enjoy in the present.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

In the meantime, these are places one can fly and enjoy in the present.

Guys, I will add some myself, contribute.

Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Think its workable, but the Autogen and winter textures is the sticking point for me with X-plane. X-plane Autogen rather just shut if off plausable with the exceptions of roads, rails, airport equipement, trees. If photoreal could be used to look like fsx in X-plane be viable option for some of us. Cincannati looks pretty good with OSM data. If the Osm data could be used for the tallest buildings in town do not need 100% accuracy with buildings or texutres and add in photoreal scenery be acceptable middle road. Think improvements will be made incrementally with X-plane, The eye sore is the default autogen for me. Like to learn to make photoscenry like fsx for X-plane to use for low and slow.

Well, the good news is I found a building shapefile for Seattle. Anyone care to take a crack at what the bad news is?

xplane2013021705550373.jpg

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

The 3 fps in the upper right hand corner?

Glen

The 3 fps in the upper right hand corner?

Glen

Yup! Though to be fair, that's with every garden shed, outhouse, and phone booth showing. I guess either OSM2XP doesn't apply size exclusions to .shp files, or I did something wrong. This is also with the Render settings maxxed out. It does look and run quite nice with more conservative settings, like I used for the other pics in the thread.