Sign in to follow this  
flyerguy7773

View changes in FSX.

So every time I load fs, select my aircraft then start flying the different views are fine. But then if I switch aircraft in the sim to let's say a different livery and when I go to an external view it's all zoomed in like I was a person standing under the wing. I can t zoom out after that and it's really annoying cause I can't see the whole aircraft.

Remy Mermelstein

Remymerm@aol.com

777-300 FS Pilot

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein
777-300 FS Pilot, Deltava

P3Dv4.1, ASP4, UTLive, ReShade + URP + PTA, All settings max'd, i7 Core Extreme @ 5.2gHz, GTX 1080, CyberpowerPC Gaming Laptop, 500GB SSDx2, 32GB DDR4 RAM. 

39990572681_f326ac97d7_o.jpg

When you say: "every time I load fs, select my aircraft then start flying `` " does this mean the same aircraft, at the same position? Or is it any aircraft at any position?

The view settings are in the aircraft.cfg [camera definitions]

That is what makes this a bit odd.

However if it is allways the same aircraft that is causing this the probably there's something wrong in those definitions and the aircrafts CFG.

My FSX gets upset with one particular aircraft [real air duke]

- things to try:

try switching using keyboard commands

[F11 for extrenal view and + or - to zoom instead of mouse+spacebar, cycle through views using a]

remove the startup situation from your FSX.cfg [works with the duke]

start FSX with a default flight or a plane with few gauges [C172, Piper Cub, trike]

[if things go wrong from there there might be a problem related to the PC's capacity]

last: rebuild the FSX.cfg.

It happens like this:

I load FS and select a plane (This happens with all planes)

I fly the plane around, then I select a different plane, or I exit out of the sim and go to the main dialogue menu and pick a different aircraft.

I load that aircraft and the View is all wierd the way I described.

This happens mostly when I select the same type of aircraft twice lets say for a different livery.

I will try changing the view settings in the .cfg.

Thanks!

~Remy

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein

P3Dv4.1, ASP4, UTLive, ReShade + URP + PTA, All settings max'd, i7 Core Extreme @ 5.2gHz, GTX 1080, CyberpowerPC Gaming Laptop, 500GB SSDx2, 32GB DDR4 RAM. 

I believe this is just an FSX limitation. You should not load multiple complex aircraft consecutively, just as you should not load a complex aircraft for the FSX default flight. I believe the easiest and safest way to minimize experiencing preventable errors is to restart FSX for each new flight.

thats what I have always done, but restarting my FSX takes about 20 minutes so its a pain

~Remy

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein

thats what I have always done, but restarting my FSX takes about 20 minutes so its a pain

~Remy

20 minutes?

What are your computer specifications, and have you tried defragmenting (if appropriate for your hard drive type) and removing any unnecessary files?

I don't have my computer specs on hand now but I will post them later. It's a dell vostro laptop though with like 1.7gh of RAM.

Thanks!

~Remy

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein

1.6gb**

~Remy

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein

It happens like this:

I load FS and select a plane (This happens with all planes)

I fly the plane around, then I select a different plane, or I exit out of the sim and go to the main dialogue menu and pick a different aircraft.

I load that aircraft and the View is all wierd the way I described.

This happens mostly when I select the same type of aircraft twice lets say for a different livery.

I will try changing the view settings in the .cfg.

Thanks!

~Remy

I get a similar view problem when I reload an aircraft or do not exit FSX completely. But this problem happens in Locked Spot view. Have you tried Spot view?

Chris

It happens to me in both views.

Remy Mermelstein

Remymerm@aol.com

777-300 FS Pilot

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein

20 Minutes seems like an awful long time. Yes, there are addons that increase loading time (like MyTraffic and others), but my loading time is less than 2 minutes (I haven't measured).

Henri

Henri Arsenault

I remember I had similar problem. What I did was press Ctrl + Space and I fixed the viewing problem when it occurred.

Cool ill try that.

Remy Mermelstein

Remymerm@aol.com

777-300 FS Pilot

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein