Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Kara: A Tech Demo

Anyway, in 500 years, people will look at our era and think about it as some sort of middle age. Assuming civilisation survive as much (to be positive a bit!!!).

Anyone remember the "Supertoy" from AI?

Sans the artificial intelligence, we are really not that far away. And beyond that..........

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hope you guys have played Heavy Rain.

Waiting for the next release from David, which should be coming out this year.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I bought Heavy rain on release, played it through a couple times. Very different type of game, draws you in.

I am looking forward to what they're working on next, has it actually been confirmed for PS3? because if not, it could very well be a PS4 game, as it seems very likely Playstation are unveiling the PS4 Feb 20th at a Playstation event.

I bought Heavy rain on release, played it through a couple times. Very different type of game, draws you in.

I am looking forward to what they're working on next, has it actually been confirmed for PS3? because if not, it could very well be a PS4 game, as it seems very likely Playstation are unveiling the PS4 Feb 20th at a Playstation event.

Dou you mean Beyond two Souls........?

Ya' know, I remember sitting on the floor playing Final Fantasy as a kid, and my mother was very contemptuous of "Those stupid games." Her internal understanding of the genre had ended at pong, and she had no idea of the rich, complex story-lines, themes and even the full musical scores that were now a part of the video-gaming culture.

I think even to this day many are unaware of the powerful cinematic experiences available in modern games, and are still influenced by an "Its all shooters" mindset.........

Warning for tension and slight movie-style language. Did I mention its very tense.......? :P

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just a follow up. The actress is as lovely as her digital avatar.

Devons rig

Did you guys end up getting david latest creation (interactive 'medium')

I'm waiting for it to hit the bargain bins. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Did you guys end up getting david latest creation (interactive 'medium')

I'm waiting for it to hit the bargain bins.

If you mean Beyond two Souls, no I haven't gotten it yet. It looks very good, though.

Devons rig

From a technical stand point it is impressive, but I do have to say the subject matter does disturb me. It has all the characteristics of the human sex trade trafficking  in computer form. Victim is trained/conditioned if he/she gives trouble, they are killed, else they get shipped out to parts unknown and forced into prostitution or worse. Replace the computer image with a real girl, and I don't think we'd be singing it's praises! I'm a little surprised to see this subject used as a tech demo, especially from a company like Sony.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

From a technical stand point it is impressive, but I do have to say the subject matter does disturb me. It has all the characteristics of the human sex trade trafficking in computer form. Victim is trained/conditioned if he/she gives trouble, they are killed, else they get shipped out to parts unknown and forced into prostitution or worse. Replace the computer image with a real girl, and I don't think we'd be singing it's praises! I'm a little surprised to see this subject used as a tech demo, especially from a company like Sony.

I think that above the technical merits, the emotional power of the video is its ability to make you feel for the character, and in a very short time frame. Why you feel for the character, the precise subtext of what one gets out of it, can vary by what each individual reads into it.

I myself saw it more of morality play having to do with technology reaching the point of creating something nearly indistinguishable from a human, reflected in the company Quantic dreams ability to create a digital avatar capable of drawing an emotional response from viewers.

On the other hand, another person saw the film as a feminist statement! http://www.gamepodunk.com/_/analysis-opinions/quantic-dreams-kara-as-a-feminist-statement-r277

Devons rig