Sign in to follow this  
yellow74

Air refueling

In air?

All the fueling is done by using the FMC, I hope you're using it as described in the intro manual... Do not use fsx load or fuel manager.

I hope also that you know that the fuel in the center tank (when present) must be used before the fuel in the wings. The thing is fully automatic and you will burn all the ctr tank fuel in the first part of the flight.

If you think it burns too much fuel check the FMC for failures (maybe a leak).

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I think [CTRL]+[X] (or whatever key bind FSX has) combo works for refueling in air. I had it done once :D.

thx for the answers.

of cause i know air refueling is a no go but when on the ground i even can't do it.

sorry i don't use the FMC to much trouble

thx for the answers.

of cause i know air refueling is a no go but when on the ground i even can't do it.

Then maybe the default FSX 737 would be more your speed. As davie pointed out, fueling and payload is done through the FMC. It doesn't work through the FSX menu, as you are aware.

PMDG products uses always external payload and fuel calculation. FMC entered values are computed by the ngx software directly (like an external program). Bypassing it with fsx will cause troubles.

I don't see troubles in using the fmc for weights and payload.

The fmc can be used for those things also with the unpowered aircraft.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

PLease read the intro-document taht was provided by PMDG! Otherwise, you just wasted your money!

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

thx for the answers.

You don't need to use the FMC itself to use the CDU menu for refuelling. It is the only way to fuel the NGX (FSX controls don't work properly as you've already noticed). Same goes for getting ground services, opening doors, setting model options, etc. You're missing out on a lot if you don't take a look inside.

The FMC may look like it's too much trouble to learn, but it isn't as complex as it looks (even pilots can understand it). :P

ki9cAAb.jpg

The full functioning FMC was one of the reasons I bought NGX. Once you learn some basic things with it, you will never want to get back to any default plane. There's gonna be like this big void.

Do those two tutorials provided by PMDG and you'll be flying that bird in no time.

Posts like this baffle me.

I don't understand why someone would pay $70-80 for a realistic representation of an aircraft, yet expect it to behave and accept being treated as a default aircraft...

If you didn't want to bother with an FMC or accurately fueling the plane, why not just use the default 738?

Kyle Rodgers

For me is ok if someone don't want to use the FMC functions (for the flight management). as the fmc is only an optional for the plane, it can still fly without it.

However, the CDU is needed in the NGX for the part of the simulation related to the aircraft configuration. There are no shortcuts.

I think you will find very simple to navigate in the pmdg menus on the display. And you can also customize your panel, displays, instruments and so on. Why not trying them?

Regards

Andrea Daviero

CDU is the part you see in the cockpit, the display with the scratchpad.

FMC is the computer, it interfaces with the CDU like the keyboard and display to the pc.

However the NgX has its menus coded in the CDU (or FMC, but it is something that is externally simulated from it) So it is more exact to say CDU istead of FMC for the pmdg simulation related things (weights, fuel, door, gpu, choks)as they are only displayed on the CDU, then we can speak about flight management computer for the "real" simulated menus.

In the NGX the CDU is required for setting fuel, payload, open and close the doors, disconnect ground cart, failures and much more, however FMC is not required for flying the plane. All the things in the airplane can be done without using PERFpages, TO pages, POS INIT pages, RTE....

Regards

Andrea Daviero