Sign in to follow this  
dolin

Stray EZCA user

Hello,

i know i shouldn't post here but at the proper forum i received no help and i'm clueless

ok, i changed computer and reinstalled FSX along with its addons, including EZCA camera software.

The program installed fine, i ran the config utility and it regularly starts up with FSX. But when I click on the top menu addons\ezdok camera\show studio nothing happens.

Ezca still seems to work, as i can't cycle the views like normal FSX woula allow me to, and if i press numpad 2 (the default EZCA key to edit the current camera position) i can hear the distintive 'bing' and i can pan around with the mouse.

Without the studio i can't add more cockpit cameras as i used to, i can't add aircraft external views nor world cameras

Is there any EZCA user that can help me?

Thank you

mastery.jpg

Specs:

Windows 7 64bit / Intel Core i5-3550 @3.30 GHz / 8.00 Gb RAM / ATI Radeon HD 7800 2Gb

Hi,

Make sure you are in Window mode and not full screen. Shift-D will pull up the EZCA control panel where you can make changes and assign cameras but you must be in Window Mode.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Hi,

Make sure you are in Window mode and not full screen. Shift-D will pull up the EZCA control panel where you can make changes and assign cameras but you must be in Window Mode.

Hope this helps.

Jim

No luck, shift + D doesn't help

mastery.jpg

Specs:

Windows 7 64bit / Intel Core i5-3550 @3.30 GHz / 8.00 Gb RAM / ATI Radeon HD 7800 2Gb

Can you find EZCA install folder and run the EXE file and see if it appears in the addon menu - you can do this whilst FSX is running. My EZCA.exe file is here ; C:\Program Files [x86]\EZCA\EZCA.exe.

If it works then you could be missing the exe.dll in FSX or if the exe.dll is there then maybe the entry for EZCA is missing. This is my entries in exe.dll - everyone will possibly be different ;

Located at C:\users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

==============================================================

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Couatl</Name>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>

<Disabled>false</Disabled>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>GoFlight FSX Data Bridge</Name>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>C:\GoFlight\GFDevFSX.exe</Path>

<CommandLine></CommandLine>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

=====================================================================

If you have no exe.dll file then you will have to create one and put in EZCA start.

Reread your thread and you say it starts - what I have given you may not help. Sorry

Denis

No luck, shift + D doesn't help

Are you positive you tried it in Windowed mode?

Are you positive you tried it in Windowed mode?

Positive, 100%, i always keep FSX in windowed as i have a triple monitor setup and windowed screws up resolutions and stuff. Not to mention it takes longer to shift from the simulator to, say, a webpage

Reread your thread and you say it starts - what I have given you may not help. Sorry

Exactly, i've read posts by other users who could not run EZCA.exe along with FSX, but i'm not having that problem, ezca starts fine. I appreciate your help anyway mate.

mastery.jpg

Specs: