Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yellow68

Fluctuation of speed

Hello

I hope i write the word correctly but my speeds are going up/down in flt.

Than i have overspeed with m.78 and then it's going down to m.65 .

Anyone a clue?

Frans

(EHBK)

due to the wind coming from front or back side.It will reduce the round speed accordingly.

Serge

ground speed or IAS

Serge

FSX default real-world weather possesses wind bugs, which cause rapid and often repetitive wind shifts, thus creating ticking sounds and/or unrealistically large speed changes. Wind bugs can be resolved by using an add-on weather program or FSUIPC wind smoothing.

due to the wind coming from front or back side.It will reduce the round speed accordingly.

Serge

ground speed or IAS

Welcome to AVSIM!

Regards,
Owen
My YouTube

sorry guys it's still the same look at picture it's not clear but it goes up and down.

I put on smooth in the wind section of FSUIPC.

I climb with a desent 2000ft/min which i think for a B&* is not to steep,but then my speed drops dramatically and i have to climb in steps.

Frans

(EHBK)

FSX default real-world weather possesses wind bugs, which cause rapid and often repetitive wind shifts, thus creating ticking sounds and/or unrealistically large speed changes. Wind bugs can be resolved by using an add-on weather program or FSUIPC wind smoothing.

Welcome to AVSIM!

Welcome to AVSIM!

Hello

Sorry i thought it was solved but it still goes up/down like hell.

I climb with 2000ft/min i don't think that is to steep for a B738.

I put on smooth in the winds section of FSUIPC.

Frans

Hi Frans,

I presume you have a registered copy of FSUIPC? Maybe as a test,you could select wind calming and the other three boxes as well:

Turbulence, Gusts, and variance. This should take out all winds and gusts.

Have you prepared a flight plan in the FMC so that LNAV and VNAV are working ok? This should take care of climb/cruise speeds and altitudes.

Regards

Geoff Bryce

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

39%
    $9,920.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now