Sign in to follow this  
re84uk

Aircraft Drifting to the Left

Hi Everyone

I have recently purchased this aircraft, however it seems she always wants to pull to the left when in the air. I have the service pack and updated flight model installed. Anyone have any suggestions?

Check your loading, your fuel tank selection, your rudder trim (in sim and hardware if you've set it there) and last but not least the cleanliness and calibration of your controllers

That happened to me in the 777 when I forgot to turn the X-Feed on and the left and right wing tanks became un-equal. It kept pulling to the side of the heavier tank. Make sure everything is equal. A good way to do this in FSX is to go to the Aircraft Load Congi. Menu and look to see on the diagram where the CG is. If it is way out of wack that is probably what is causing the aircraft to pull to the side.

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein
777-300 FS Pilot, Deltava

P3Dv4.1, ASP4, UTLive, ReShade + URP + PTA, All settings max'd, i7 Core Extreme @ 5.2gHz, GTX 1080, CyberpowerPC Gaming Laptop, 500GB SSDx2, 32GB DDR4 RAM. 

39990572681_f326ac97d7_o.jpg

Check your loading, your fuel tank selection, your rudder trim (in sim and hardware if you've set it there) and last but not least the cleanliness and calibration of your controllers

I have checked everything and it is all equal. Fuel is balanced, payload is balanced, rudder and aileron trim is neutral, controllers are calibrated and functioning correctly. This is only happening on the F33 Bonanza and not any other aircraft.

That happened to me in the 777 when I forgot to turn the X-Feed on and the left and right wing tanks became un-equal. It kept pulling to the side of the heavier tank. Make sure everything is equal. A good way to do this in FSX is to go to the Aircraft Load Congi. Menu and look to see on the diagram where the CG is. If it is way out of wack that is probably what is causing the aircraft to pull to the side.

I have checked the load screens and the CG is central.

"This aircraft", bur which one? :Thinking:

I am posting in the Carenado F33 Bonanza forum so presumed it would be obvious :P but there is the aircraft name for clarification.

Hi,

when you select the direct link on the frontpage of avsim you don't see the title of the topic.

My failure! sorry

I was thinking about the DR400 wellknown for this behaviour.

If I get to this stage with an aircraft I usually take a backup of any repaint textures I've installed and the cfg file with those repaints installed and put them in a safe place.

Then uninstall the aircraft and re-install it, flight testing its performance - if there's a problem get another download from Carenado and repeat this process.

If no problems add the mods one at a time and test after each one, this will throw up any problems.

Finally add your repaint textures, and the cfg additions for them, and test them one at a time in case there's any problem there. Slow and steady wins the race.

.....yeah the Bonanza A33 tends to drift to the left, I personally couldn't find the reason & I have no idea if this is a problem at all or just part of the the A/C "character" ... I, however, applying rudder & trimming in order to compensate

Cheers

Yair

The problem is physics. The left turn is caused by the torque effect on the aircraft. This is a prime example of Newton's Third Law of Motion. It states, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. The propeller is turning clockwise (right) which in turn causes the aircraft to roll counterclockwise. It is solved by applying right pressure when the torque effect is greatest, high power and low speed. Hope this helps!