Sign in to follow this  
DarkstarF16

Yippee - I got FLIGHT working (with a little help)

FINALLY - after nearly three months I have FLIGHT working again on my PC J

It’s been a frustrating affair to say the least. I haven’t been trying constantly for three months, as I’ve had many other things on the go but here is what worked for me.

Every time I tried to login to Windows LIVE I would get a message that said that my product key has been registered to another LIVE profile, but when I logged into the Windows market place there was all my content and although I could download it, none of it ever showed up in game so was unusable.

This morning I remembered that when my profile was originally set up on the Xbox it was done by my nearest and dearest and somehow things were mixed up and during the early days of the Beta programme whenever I would log onto LIVE my nearest and dearest’s profile would show up against my login. I got the Beta team to change this and all was good with the world, until my PC blew up and I got the new one.

So, what I did was login with her original email address and lo and behold for the FIRST time a profile loaded. This was a good sign but of course I still had no content and the profile did not have any stats.

As a last resort I then tried my login, as I had nothing to lose, and blow me down… my profile loaded and then all my content was available.

Clearly some ‘flag’ had been triggered to link my login to her login and the rest is history.

For clarity and so that I don’t get into trouble (as the beta testers still left in this forum will remember that Jo (the wife) likes handbags etc.) it was her idea that I tried the above.

The joys of married bliss J

Very glad to hear you got it worked out. Now get busy flying. :)

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Lol I am I am :)We have a problem though... Jo says she is going to paint a PINK plane with a handbag on the nose eek!!!

I Despair!