Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jcomm

Rendering Options - Nvidia inspector vs X-Plane10

In my Nvidia Inspecto X-Plane profile I see the following entries:

Antialiasing Mode:

--- 1)Application controlled

--- 2)Override any application settings

--- 3)Enhance the application setting

I chose 3)

Antialiasing Setting:

--- Many otions, from App controlled, 2x, 2xQ, 4x, 8x (CSAA), ...

I chose 4x

Antialiasing Transparency Mode:

-- Enable or Disable

I chose Enable

Antialiasing Transparency Supersampling:

--- Off=Multisampling, Supersampling, 2x SS, 4x SS...

I Chose Supersampling

Question, In the XP10 rendering options, what goes with my choices for Inspector?

If I use HDR, I set it's antialiasing to 2xSSAA+FXAA and Anisotropic filter=4x, otherwise 4x on both antialiasing and anisotropy.

Is this ok?

Wish I could tell ya' but (rightly or wrongly) I avoid NI and XPX together, it seems like just asking for trouble! ^_^

Wish I could tell ya' but (rightly or wrongly) I avoid NI and XPX together, it seems like just asking for trouble! ^_^

I totally agree with HiFlyer as I too used to mess with NI settings and didn't see any advantage. So I decided to stick with the ones XP offers and so far so good. Never noticed any performance difference between the two anyway.

Ok guys... I'll keep testing anyway, but I believe you may well be very right :-/

It's also the 1st time ever I used NI .... Well...

I can confirm what was said above. Tried a lot of combinations with NI and always came back to set all rendering options in XP only. There is nothing NI can do for you other than mess things up.

Only thing I set in NVIDIA Control Center is "adaptive vsync: on, 1/2 refresh rate" and "threaded optimization: off" because this saves some GPU and CPU power and improves image quality = no tearing and stable 30FPS.

Flo

Inspector can do some really nice things to XPX if you have an SLI setup and want to run really high AA levels, but you can do this from nvidia control panel as well. This does not work with HDR mode tho'

But if you use HDR, the settings in Inspector pertaining to X-plane visuals are largely ignored.

I think the direct access to the gpu settings provided by NI is probably more suited to older programs like fsx that don't have internal access to those instructions themselves. For more modern programs, its probably better to go through the programs own settings or the control panel.

Well, guys, in fact, after many tests, deleting the X-Plane NI profile did a better job for me. Using game internal settings only now :-)

Thx for the advises!