Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have posted this question on the ORBX forums also, I want to get as much info as possible to assist me,

Hi I am seeking some advice, I am about to purchase a GTX 680 4GB graphics card, I have narrowed it down to 3 potential cards.

I am only using FSX mainly on the machine with all ORBX add-ons and REX Essentials, the CPU is a i7 3970x, my question is does the base clock speed of the GPU matter when it comes to FSX as the cards I am deciding on have the following

1. Asus - 1006Mhz 2. Gigabyte - 1071MHz 3. EVGA - 1111MHz

Obviously there is a price difference between these 3 cards but I am trying to get as much performance GPU wise out of FSX,

Any advice/help would be appreciated

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Base clock wont matter much but EVGA should be your choice they are rock solid, base clock can always be bumped up so base clock will not matter. I have an EVGA GTX680 4gig Fermi you will luv it - promise.

Overclocking the 680 actually makes zero difference in FSX on a single monitor, in my testing @ 2560x1440. You'll either need much higher resolution and/or massive levels of AA to see the benefits of OCing the 680 with FSX.

Check out noise levels on those cards. And ASUS have made a card that only takes up two slots, makes for a neat look.

With 4 gigz you're prepared for multi screen gaming, or BF3 on single screen.