Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rotate

Checked box for Preview Direct X/ Now FSX won't start.

I decided to check the Preview Direct X box in FSX. This requires a restart. In doing so, a window now appears that reads "A Fatal Error Occurred."

A second window then appears and reads "MFS has stopped working." Program shuts down.

Is there a way to uncheck this box outside of the program; like say a config file?

I sure would hate to go through the uninstall/ Install process.

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

remember, if you have enb or other d3d9 modes installed to remove the dll files before going dx10.

Yup, In your CFG file under Graphics. Look for the D3D10=1 entry.

Change to D3D10=0

Thanks for your help Geddy.

I tried this and miraculously FSX started. Turned off PC and called it a night. Got up this morning feeling excited that the problem was corrected. Turned on PC and started FSX. Same problem again. I tried correcting the FSX Conf file and saving 3 times and it keeps reoccuring.

The only add ons that I have installed at this time are REX weather and FSX Booster. Although I generally use them both simultaneously, I have stopped using them until I can correct this problem.

Is it still in your fsx.cfg file ? D3D10=1 after you change it run fsx and the close fsx ?

Do you run FSX from a .bat file that may be restoring a default fsx.cfg file ?

If you change it to =0 and can run fsx with no issues, then something is putting it back to =1 ..

Everytime I try to start FSX, it crashes and then I check the cfg file and it's back to 1 so I remembered seeing a tab on the FSX Booster panel that reads

Open FSX.CFG Position. I went in there and found another cfg named FSXB. I opened it, made the same correction and now FSX is starting with no problem. Haven't tested FSX with the other add ons yet. Do I dare?

I have 2 questions for you though. Can you tell me what happened? Did I create a conflict when I checked the Direct X box? Why did I need to go into FSX Booster and make this change the 2nd time but not the first?

Where I can I learn the language of cfg files? I love learning this stuff! I once used some MS web page editor to create a radio player and then install it on the panel of an old warbird. I was flying at FL 100, hearing the sound of the radial engines, rain beating on the windows and now a radio to play Big Band sounds of WW2. LOL

Update:

Started FSX Booster

Started FSX

OK

Reconfigured REX weather engine to start with FSX

Started FSX Booster

Started FSX

OK

Did you change the actual .cfg file? there are usually Two. The config file is named fsx.cfg: the other is a text file named fsx.CFG.txt