Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

FSX while flying

Over the weekend i flew on a short BA flight from London - Berlin (in real life!). I was in row 1 with 3 seats free. Since there was not too many people I decided to fire up FSX, FS2Crew and VATSIM on my laptop. I tried not to speak too loudly but got some strange looks from the cabin crew when requesting clearance and speaking to the FS2Crew copilot! Funnily enough the captain came back as he was curious as to what i was doing. I showed him my PMDG 737 checklists and he was impressed as they were very similar to his! I asked him what fuel, runway and SID we were going to fly so i could follow the same route.

In the end I had a perfect flight and the real piloting was not to bad too :P It's a shame there is no board wifi otherwise I could use VATSIM for the whole route.

That's pretty cool. Did u actually carry your joystick or yoke and equipment on the plane? I've always wanted to do that.

Remy Mermelstein

Remymerm@aol.com

777-300 FS Pilot

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein
777-300 FS Pilot, Deltava

P3Dv4.1, ASP4, UTLive, ReShade + URP + PTA, All settings max'd, i7 Core Extreme @ 5.2gHz, GTX 1080, CyberpowerPC Gaming Laptop, 500GB SSDx2, 32GB DDR4 RAM. 

39990572681_f326ac97d7_o.jpg

I just used my laptop keyboard and a PS3 joystick. A bit awkward so I wouldn't want to fly manually!

Cool! I should really do that one day.

Remy Mermelstein

Remymerm@aol.com

777-300 FS Pilot

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein
777-300 FS Pilot, Deltava

P3Dv4.1, ASP4, UTLive, ReShade + URP + PTA, All settings max'd, i7 Core Extreme @ 5.2gHz, GTX 1080, CyberpowerPC Gaming Laptop, 500GB SSDx2, 32GB DDR4 RAM. 

39990572681_f326ac97d7_o.jpg

Hehe--I did that a few weeks ago but in a different venue: I played along w/ Brandt Snedeker at Pebble Beach in the final round when he won the AT&T, using the awesome game, TW2004. There's a piece of software that really had it all right--it went downhill from that release.

Here's a fun 'group' project: we put together a 4-some, and fly into KMRY in Multiplayer mode, then head down to the first tee at Poppy Hills, Spyglass Hills or PB and play a 4-person match! I love it! Fabulous game TW2004 is and if you set it up just right it's quite realistic. It really is the least cartoonish, and truly simulates golf better than anything out there. I created a killer Excel workbook to manage complete tournaments w/, adding in PGA Tour roster players whose score comes out of a randomizer addin so one can compete live against a larger field of players over an entire season!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X