Sign in to follow this  
themasterWookie

Unable to load co-routes

Hi guys,

I was just planning a short flight from JFK to IAD when I encountered a problem in loading the saved company routes. When I was at the f-pln init page, I loaded in the from/to sections, after which it brought me a page with a co route for the flightplan. I pressed insert, but then it gave me an error saying 'unable to load f-pln' or something. I just like to have company routes loaded for these frequently flown routes, and don't like spending much time in loading in them myself. Can anything be done about this?

pmdg_trijet.jpg

Chirag Abichandani

hi there

what are you using to save the plan?flight sim comander,electronic flight bag? if you go to your fsx pmdg flight plans folder can you see the flight plan in there

Gary stallard

Hi,

I'm talking about the preloaded flightplans included with the MD-11 itself. I haven't ever saved a company route myself.

pmdg_trijet.jpg

Chirag Abichandani

I think you need to enter the Co route first, not enter the to/from entries.

Your co route entry should be KJFKKIAD

Do you have a KJFKKIAD.rte file in the flightplans folder ?

Peter

Peter Schluter

hi again, i am having the same problem as you,do you have the pmdg 747 as the routes in the routes folder work with that aircraft.it seems to me you will have to manually insert the route then save it for future use.

Gary Stallard

hi again, i am having the same problem as you,do you have the pmdg 747 as the routes in the routes folder work with that aircraft.it seems to me you will have to manually insert the route then save it for future use.

Gary Stallard

If he has a .rte file in the correct folder he should be able to load it in the FMC. He does not need to create it in the FMC then save it. I create routes from http://www.simroutes.com/fb2/ParseRoute.aspx and they load in the FMC fine.

He is trying to use a co route to go with a tutorial. I have asked if he has the .rte file in the correct folder.

Peter

Peter Schluter

Do you have a KJFKKIAD.rte file in the flightplans folder ?

Yes, I do. But it is an rt2 file. Can that contribute to the problem?

do you have the pmdg 747 as the routes in the routes folder work with that aircraft

I do have the 747. If you read the readme in the flightplans folder, it says 'This folder is where you should place any Flight Plans that you wish to use with the PMDG 747-400.'

pmdg_trijet.jpg

Chirag Abichandani

I am using FS9 so it may be different, but all my files are XXXXXXXX.rte

Whether i fly the 737;747; or MD11 all my .rte files go in the same flightplans folder.

Peter Schluter

If you want to Load the MD route when you are in window Mode , go to PMDG and from there you should see Load and all other Options just like how it says in the tutorial ,,,, Second if it is a PMDG route i think it must be a RTE extension the third common thing is that almost 99% of PMDG CO routes have a 01 at the end

Example EDDFEDDM01 So this is how you would Put it in the FMC in CO if you have SAVED a Flight plan from Frankfurt to Munich

hop this helps

hi,the route you are talking about jfkiad is a route that came with the pmdg 747 along with 350 other routes.i can get this to work in the 747 fine but not in the md11 and i have tried all ways to do so.Idont think it can be done.Best bet would be to open a ticket with pmdg and see what Ryan has to say

Gary Stallard

i just reinstalled my md 11  and now i have the same problem   funny this never happened before

can u tell me the solution   what did u do to fix it ???  or are u still stuck ??

thanks

OK, So I dusted off the MD11 after playing with the 777 for a while.

I tried to upload a flight plan that I saved with the 777 called KLAXEGLL001.RTE

It was not found so I shifted it out of the 777 folder and placed it in the main FLIGHTPLANS folder and gave it a small .rte.

It would still not load saying it was unable. From that point on if I selected an airport pair including KLAX the entire FSX would freeze. eg KLAX/EGLL

Eventually I deleted the KLAXEGLL001.rte from the main folder and then I could use KLAX again.

Cheers

David

I tried to upload a flight plan that I saved with the 777 called KLAXEGLL001.RTE

Did you create this plan by using a flight planner such as PFPX and then import it thru co route into the T7 or did you manually enter the route and then save it? Based upon the route title, it looks like it was manually entered and then saved.

Yes, I manually entered it into the 777 and then saved it.

I tried to use it in the MD11 about a week later. It still works in the 777.

Cheers

David Cook