Sign in to follow this  
robnpat

VNY overlapping scenery

I am trying to fix the incorrect taxiway signs at Van Nuys, and found a VNY scenery file in the Avsim files, but when I install it, the new taxiway signs show up, but the standard scenery is still there (overlapping). I even got 2 towers now. Any idea on how to 'remove' the standard taxiway signs?

Much appreciated.

Rob

Edited by firehawk44
Image removed. Exceeds 1600W.

I personally see nothing wrong. I see no duplicate signs and the directional signs are suppose to be there. Looking good!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Cool someone downloaded my file.

As to the scenery overlapping ive got no idea. Do you have another VNY addons installed?

For the double tower ... If you've got My traffic X installed you'll see two towers since MTX creates its own .bgl for its traffic. If you don't have MTX I'm not sure what the problem is. Feel free to PM me so I can try to help.

edit: I'm definitely not seeing that... those signs don't look stock, they look like another addon. Mine were created with ADEX... Are you sure you don't have another one installed?

edit again: OH.... you have Megascenery socal.... I'm willing to bet they've got a quick ADEX update in their scenery. I bet it's a conflict. I don't run MSX, only UTX and GEX. If you unchecked MSX (just for testing) I bet yours would go away and mine would show up.

Here's what I see (typical ultra fake bright stock signs lol)

Untitled-107.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Pic Looks good.

I'll download it today. I live 30 minutes away so I am always looking for nearby airports. Thanks!

Do you know anyone who makes a good KBUR? I'm willing to pay for it. I got the one in AVSIM library but looking for a little more.

Chuck Biggins

No I don't. I was suprised no one made a VNY scenery, I heard a rumor some developer was doing it. It's only the most famous GA airport out there hehe...

There's not a lot of socal payware airports. You've got KLAX and LAS from FSDT. And then freeware KONT by Shez and there's a decent freeware KSNA in the file libraries too. Other than that it's just acfad/adex updates like this one.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm always on the lookout for a good VNY. Where is your file stashed Ryan??

Hey Rob,

I gave you some insight on how to accomplish this on another forum you posted this dilemma in. In any event, what needs to happen is you need to have an exclusion rectangle built into Ryan's scenery (if there isn't one in already). What happens with MegasceneryX is that it generates buildings lumped into one big file called SOCAL_Objects or something of the sort. The trouble is, that if you remove that file, you remove the towers and buildings from all of the other airports in the scenery, which you don't really want to do. What I suggest is that 1.) if you need to, build an exclusion into Ryan's scenery using ADE9x which is very simple to do. Like I said, Ryan may have already done that, and it isn't necessary at all. 2.) Place that .bgl in an area that gets layered higher than MegasceneryX. 3.) Look in your megasceneryX folder and find the KVNY .bgl and rename the extension to .bgx. Now in writing all of this, I'm not sure how much Ryan's scenery changes. I don't know if he includes the default buildings, etc. He can probably elaborate on that more. The other thing, is that as he doesn't use MegasceneryX, the default scenery is likely to be a tad bit off from the photo backdrop. That is just a limitation difference between the default and third party so you may see some texture bleeding underneath. I do think it's awesome that Ryan took on fixing the taxiways as they are in much need, and I think I will go try his product just to see how it meshes in. I tried Bluesky's AFCAD just because it is based on the photoscenery, but those taxiways are still numbered incorrectly as well. Good luck!

All,

I downloaded Simple Airport Scanner, and renamed the VNY bgl file from Megascenery. I don't get duplicate taxiway signs, and they are now correct. I still get 2 towers, but no big deal.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Rob

Please help with the overlapping problem! I really need that help!! I have LGB (my own made check it out on Avsim) and I make a new scenery folder for it. I deleted the KLGB.bgl from mega scenery folder. I then ran FSX and set mega scenery below my LGB airport scenery folder but they still overlap!!! Please help!!

Please help with the overlapping problem! I really need that help!! I have LGB (my own made check it out on Avsim) and I make a new scenery folder for it. I deleted the KLGB.bgl from mega scenery folder. I then ran FSX and set mega scenery below my LGB airport scenery folder but they still overlap!!! Please help!!

Did you build an exclusion rectangle into your scenery?