I own the VRInsight EFIS/MCP/COM and have, forever, had a problem with the values jumping when I turn the knobs. Has anyone gotten it to work right? I use LINDA and FSUIPC and do love the fact that there it is supported by LINDA. Is this just something you have to accept with this hardware? Does anyone use it that doesn't have that problem? I had my board replaced for a power problem months back and hoped that the issue would have been resolved but it's the same...jumping values when I turn the knobs.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

This is usually a software problem not hardware, what aircraft are you using it with - use the vrinsight software only not linda to see if that makes a difference first. I only use it with ngx.

Rich Sennett

use the vrinsight software only not linda to see if that makes a difference first.

I'll dig out a Carenado airplane and give that a try. They usually work pretty well with the default FSX control set. I have been using LINDA and it's the same for all the aircraft...Carenado C182, C337, RealAir Turbine Duke, PMDG J41, Flight1 Mustang.Milviz C310.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

This has happened to me using linda on the ngx not sure if an update was needed or I didn't set it up correctly sorry cant remember and I need to hook up my new MC COMBO II soon.

Rich Sennett

Have you tried posting on the Vri forum? The moderator AndyDigital is very knowledgeable on such things, and normally replies promptly.

Eugene

Heh...didn't know there was one. Ok I'll try posting there. The VR software works pretty much the same as LINDA on the aircraft I mentioned. Having said that, I also tested it with the 737 NGX and it seemed to work somewhat better...still skips but, perhaps, not as bad.

Gregg Seipp

I've discussed this before here on this forum with Gregg, I'm fairly certain it's not a hardware issue as it doesn't do it with the default software and not all aircraft are effected. It's probably more likely that the PC is being pushed hard with the NGX and other software running at the same time is causing lag. You have to be slow and deliberate with your inputs on the panel and give the aircraft and the panel a little time to sync before making another change. Do not try and anticipate what you think the panel is going to do otherwise you could overreact.

Cheers, Andy.

I've discussed this before here on this forum with Gregg, I'm fairly certain it's not a hardware issue as it doesn't do it with the default software and not all aircraft are effected. It's probably more likely that the PC is being pushed hard with the NGX and other software running at the same time is causing lag. You have to be slow and deliberate with your inputs on the panel and give the aircraft and the panel a little time to sync before making another change. Do not try and anticipate what you think the panel is going to do otherwise you could overreact.

Hi Andy,

I very rarely load up the NGX. It does it even on the lowly Carenado C182Q. I guess the only thing I can do is what you say about moving the controls slowly. I have been thinking about replacing it with *something*.

Gregg Seipp

See my advice in the reply I gave you in the VRinsight forum, lets rule out it being a software issue first.

Cheers, Andy.

See my advice in the reply I gave you in the VRinsight forum, lets rule out it being a software issue first.

I posted something over there. I'll post what they say when I get it.

Gregg Seipp

I'd check your spam folders for topic notifications from the VRi forum. Like I just said, I have already replied to you at the VRinsight forum.

I run the community forum for VRinsight on a voluntary basis, I do not work for them and they (VRinsight) do not post on the forum either as their English isn't that brilliant and the team is too small to keep an eye on the forum.

Cheers, Andy.

I realized that when I went back over. Yeah, I tried it and posted back. Also emailed support.

Gregg Seipp