Sign in to follow this  
megs8888

ATIS INFORMATION

Hi how do I get the up to date ATIS information for a airport, I tune to the freq but nothing scrolls across screen, is there something software wise that will give me up to date live ATIS for all airports when I'm flying in FSX thanks. Wayne

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Are you using some form of on line wx?? Even the FSX default real time wx (primitive as it is) should give you reasonably accurate ATIS info. Any add-on wx program is vastly better though.

Hi yes I use Opus should I just get it from there as I know how to do that, I suppose I'm being fussy I would like it spoken so I can write it down if that makes sense LOL. It would be nice to have it scroll across screen like it used to, I use pilot edge and vatsim when I tune my radio to ATIS I get nothing on the screen at all. Regards Wayne.

How do I get ATIS to scroll on the screen and verbally aswell I have turned off a setting somewhere probably? :)

Wayne HART

Only available when your within 10 miles of your destination.

Errrr closer to 100 miles :-)

Jay

How do I get ATIS to scroll on the screen and verbally aswell I have turned off a setting somewhere probably? :)

I think you have done, but I turned off the on screen scrolling messages so long ago I can't remember how/where to turn it turn it back on.

Errrr closer to 100 miles :-)

That might be true in real life, but in FSX I've not yet managed to get ATIS when I'm more than about 30 miles out.

That might be true in real life, but in FSX I've not yet managed to get ATIS when I'm more than about 30 miles out.

Might depend on altitude or a setting somewhere? I routinely get it around 100 miles out when flying airliners, when I use it at all.

Jay

Megs888

Does the airport have an ATIS service and freq.?

Or, does it have AWOS (Automated Weather Observation Service) and freq.?

Is your Avionics switch ON?

Are you receiving ATC communication?

If you are receiving ATC and it gives you landing instructions, weather is included in their message.

Hope all this helps. It would be good if you mention which airport you are attempting to get the weather info. 

Jim D.

Hi Jim I was trying with EHRD Rotterdam , I tune comm1 but nothing there is probably a setting somewhere, it used to scroll on the screen in green not anymore. ;)

I take it that when I look at a navigraph chart with ATIS freq I can use that or not?

Wayne HART

I take it that when I look at a navigraph chart with ATIS freq I can use that or not?

Might be, but it is posssible that the frequency changed over the past 6 or 7 years, so if you use current Navigraph charts there may be some difference between FSX's freqs and the current RW ones. I'd rather use the ones taken from FSX directly, those are true for sure.

Ill try that then  is that just via the atc window, and if i fly online with Pilot edge will the ATIS info from FSX be relevant when i give them the phonetic info. ;)

Wayne HART