Sign in to follow this  
megs8888

NEW PRODUCT RELEASED Dornier 328-110X and Dornier 328JET X

Well, I'll tell you, the exterior models are good, BUT the 2d cockpit is "somewhat" acceptable and the VC is terrible.

By todays standard this is poor quality product to say the least.

And yet, I purchased it........

I just love the Dorniers (jet or prop) and I just learned how to merge other VC's into the Vcol.

POO (personal opinion only)

Pierre

Bought it. Lots of problems with FSX and Win7: A "Brake Accu..." failure that I can't remove, Fuel is only taken from right tank, very unstable on ILS-Approaches and most of all: The overspeed warning jumps in too early. I've visited the Cockpit of a Skywork Do328-110 cruising at 250KIAS at FL170...

Edit: ...and not to forget the Probe heat switches that can not be switched on...

That sounds bloody awful for payware. Hopefully, it'll get fixed.

If someone finds me an apartment and sponsors me financially, I could finally finish my model.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I emailed Virtualcol about this fuel tank problem, they said they are working on a fix so I guess soon enough these birds will be flyable.

I now do have the problem that the Do328 jumps like crazy when loaded into FSX. I tried everything: Starting with default Aircraft at KSEA and then loading the DO328, resterted FSX, even restarted Computer and then FSX. Can somebody help? Thx

Bought it. Lots of problems with FSX and Win7: A "Brake Accu..." failure that I can't remove, Fuel is only taken from right tank, very unstable on ILS-Approaches and most of all: The overspeed warning jumps in too early. I've visited the Cockpit of a Skywork Do328-110 cruising at 250KIAS at FL170...

Edit: ...and not to forget the Probe heat switches that can not be switched on...

All the same for me! I just did a Scandinavia - UK flight made almost impossible with no probe heat and therefore no IAS because of of ice!

The overspeed coming in at less than 200 knots in the cruise is ridiculous.

C'mon guys I know this is a cheap product but these are fundamental for payware.

301200 - Global + Vector, 303039 - Open LC EU + England, 317055 - Scotland, 325640 - Southampton, 345294 - Wales, 350530 - Ireland, 378458 - Norway, 379681 - Sumburgh, 406229 - Open LC North America, Alaska and Canada, 439617 - Australia SP4, 447800 - NZ North Island, 447804 - NZ South Island

1. Try "shift H" for toggeling the Probe Heat (It's FSX standard key assignement for pitot heat).

2. Set "max_mach = 0.579980" for more realistic overspeed warning.

The "jumping like crazy" when loading into FSX has nothing to do with Mesh settings of FSX or the contact points. The only thing that helps is uninstalling and reinstalling the DO328...

The "jumping like crazy" when loading into FSX has nothing to do with Mesh settings of FSX or the contact points. The only thing that helps is uninstalling and reinstalling the DO328...

Actually, that is a symptom of scrape points conflicting with contact points. Check the scrape point settings to make sure they aren't causing problems!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Tried Shift+H for the probe heat but nothing indicates in the overhead or on the panel display so no idea if that works!

Thanks for the tip though!

301200 - Global + Vector, 303039 - Open LC EU + England, 317055 - Scotland, 325640 - Southampton, 345294 - Wales, 350530 - Ireland, 378458 - Norway, 379681 - Sumburgh, 406229 - Open LC North America, Alaska and Canada, 439617 - Australia SP4, 447800 - NZ North Island, 447804 - NZ South Island

@n4gix: Thx for the tip. There are no scrape points defined at all in the aircraft.cfg.

Workaround: After a Reinstall of the DO328, define a flight with the Do328 at any airport of your choice. You can then reload this flight any time you want without the Do329 jumping like crazy.

@Tony C: It's not indicated anywhere nor does the KIAS reappear right after hiting shift H, but I think it helps after a minute or two, but am still not shure...

ul.to/3bddyrsj

New aircraft.cfg and FDE of the Do328 Turboprop with less AOA, more stable approach, white OIL temp, working air brakes. if a pw is needed its "rumpel". Use at own risk ;)

New FDE seems to be good, I wonder if there would be a way to fix the inequal fuel burn somehow? I don't really have too much faith in Vcol fixing it knowing how their Fokker 50 still has a lot of problems... Next time I'm going to wait for some reviews before I buy anything from them, even for this low price.

If my studies didn't eat so much time I would go play with FS Design Studio and create all the birds I need myself...

Whack shading on the exterior model.

The VC looks quite usable though. Merge it with my external model and you've got yourself a Do-328.

How we can be merging the VC with your external model? Only copy mdl interior model?

[models]
normal=Dornier 328-130_APU
interior=Dornier 328-130_Interior <<< PUT THE VIRTUALCOL here???

Best regards!

You'll have to copy the .mdl file into the "model" folder as well. And don't forget the textures and the panel and gauges.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

This is a poor, unfinished product accompanied by poor customer service.

Not even received a response from my 'bug report'!