Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

Interesting door dilemma

All the answers above are completely wrong, except if you land and open the door immediately at touch down or during deceleration.

When the aircraft touches ground with the engines below 50%N1 the pressuriztion system will open the outflow valve. The outflow valve will be always open on ground except if the controller is in manual or if thrust is applied (for take off)

So, in this case you must check the pressurization panel and check if all is working correctly.

Just for info. At that altitude you must have the cabin altitude warning sounding, if you don't have it, the outflow valve is closed, or only partially open and it is in manual mode.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I don't think that is correct. I finally found this passage in the Tutorial # 2 Manual

• Verify that the AUTO FAIL and OFF SCHED DESCENT lights

are both extinguished.

• Set the FLT ALT to our planned cruise altitude – 39000.

• Set the LAND ALT to the destination elevation rounded up to

the nearest 50 feet. Innsbruck Runway 8 is 1906 feet, so we’ll

set this to 1950.

The answer might be that the altitude has to be rounded "up" to the nearest altitude. I am wondering if I inadvertently rounded it "down". I will check that next time I go into that scenery.

FCOM volume 1 page 180, supp. procedure for landing at an airport above 8400ft

Eric

Start at page 180, then through 183 in FCOM vol. 1. Obviously we don't have the high altitude landing option installed (no switch). so read the procedure on page 182. When landing at a field above 8400, you set 6000 ft landing altitude prior to takeoff, then you dial in your landing altitude at top of descent or 20 mins prior to landing, obviously, the cabin altitude is going to go up and you're going to hear an alarm as it passes 10,000 cabin altitude, which is why you will have to press the ALT horn  cutout switch.

Then when you depart you must make sure you have o2 on board (as you always should) because it is required to be used on departure !