Sign in to follow this  
keithb77

Multi-player GA with controller?

Well I've dipped my toe into FSX MP, but its not going very well so far :-(

I've found empty servers, I've talked to myself, I've been kicked for no apparent reason...

There seem to be many different and complex ways of setting up FSX for MP, VATSIM, Pilot Assistant, Chocolate, FSINN ... I don't want to go down that route until I know which one is most appropriate so I'm trying to keep it simple.

I don't want to dive in and mix it with jets at a major airport, so is there a easy-start GA field somewhere that I can connect to simply where I can do controlled circuits etc to learn the ropes?

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Keith

Keith,

It depends on what you're looking for out of the experience. Arguably, VATSIM is the most realistic and from my perspective the most active pretty much everywhere now. However, given that it's a realistic driven environment, it's not a network where someone who's inexperienced should jump on and fly. There is a learning curve, and some find it steep though in truth I don't believe it to be. There are also several training organizations for VATSIM (ATOs), and though it won't help people at the moment VATSIM is rewriting the Pilot Resource Center and developing a new pilot training program.

So again, it's up to you. If you want to jump online and fly, I'd try IVAO or FSMP. If you're looking for more out of the experience, then VATSIM is your answer. VATSPY (free download - Google it) will tell you which ATC and pilots are online, and where pilots are flying to/from (and their flight plan , etc).

PM me if you need more info.

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks but VATSIM seems way to serious for now

Will look at the other two

Cheers

keith

FSMP is a good place to learn, but be sure to read up on the pilot knowledge center in their website before diving in. The server is advanced enough to keep things under control and to keep the unruly types out, but does not require vast software knowledge other than how to run your plane in FSX. The pilot knowledge page is a very short read. Keep in mind too that FSMP is USA based, using FAA rules and regs.

Hope to see you there.

Check out our website - http://www.ifrjethops.com)  also).  We have our own TeamSpeak channel and can help you get things set up, give you info on RW-type sim flying if you need help there and generally just give you a place where you can be comfortable and not worry about ATC or crowds. 

Contact me directly if you like - txhills-fsx@att.net

Whilst VATSIM might seem too serious, please try:

http://www.cixvfrclub.org.uk/]

A UK based GA VFR flying club offering 'guest airfields' challenges every month, which are not VATSIM controlled, but you can still connect to VATSIM, file your flight plan, squawk 7000, and fly in without the need to request a service from a controller.  A pleasant way to start flying online.

When you are up for iy, CIX will train you to VATSIM P1 and beyond, and offer 'shared cockpit' instructor sessions and group flying evenings.  CIX has excellent working relations with friendly and 'beginner' orientated UK Regional airport VATSIM controllers such as those at Gloucester, Bristol, Cardiff and Shoreham...

Best wishes,

I'll throw another out there...

Deer Valley Flying Club

http://www.flydeervalley.com

Just a bunch of guys who have fun flying online together... 10th anniversary festivities coming in June... 

Our mission is simple: have fun with us. We always have something going on - from group flights to poker runs to missions and more! However, we don't want to just be a roster of names, but rather an active group of participants in social gatherings on-line. We not only want you to have fun, but to have fun with all the other members of Deer Valley as we fly together in our virtual world - in short, have fun with us!

We enhance the fun by offering an interactive database that will allow you - the pilot - such features as logging your virtual flight hours, virtual aircraft rentals, virtual aircraft purchasing, virtual property ownership, and more! We also have our own server for Deer Valley Flying Club members to use to fly online with other club members and online events. We have an extensive download section with club repaints, club scenery, and add-on missions. There is also our own forum to complete the community. All in all, this is a very fun club and social community of which to be a part.

Cheers!

Eric Gee

Certified RTFM instructor

This might be something to try out: http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/community/back-country-prop-club-rides-again-r1345

So far there has been people online most evenings so just get on AVSIM's teamspeak and join the channel at the bottom of the list. With Ron's permission I could act as ATC (provided it works that is) if you want but you should expect all others to simply ignore me.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg