Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

sweetfx and crash

I installed the sweetfx thingy and ever since I did every time I click on a menu  I get  CTD.It happens if/when I try to pull up  the fsx  map to look up some ils freqs. (I have the uiautomationcore.dll   installed)I found this in the event viewer

----------

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x740fc9f1
Faulting process id: 0x41c
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce27e145a4032f
Faulting application path: D:\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 26a1a751-93d6-11e2-875d-90e6ba9716da

---------

Any of you know what the above means ?

Thanks

V

Well, SweetFX is a possibility and you can determine whether it is causing the CTD's yourself by simply removing the d3d9.dll from your main FSX folder.  Also remove the .ini related to it.  If no more crashes, then you are correct.  Your crash report gives me little information as there was no faulting module.  The exception code indicates you had a memory_access_violation which could have been caused by anything (but most likely the d3d9.dll).  You should download and run AppCrashView - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html which provides more information about the crash.  I would be interested to see what else was loaded.  There are many who have gotten SweetFX to work properly with FSX so you need to make sure you have the latest version installed as a new version was recently released.  The configuration is important too in the .ini.

The uiautomationcore.dll for Vista only fixes certain crashes and so far that's the FSX Menu crashes.  If you hit the menu several times FSX will crash (I have tried to duplicate this but have been unsuccessful).  If you are not having menu crashes, you should remove this dll from your main FSX folder as it is part of the Microsoft.net Framework and could be interfering with that program.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I installed SweetFX two months ago and everything was fine. But now I too have been having FSX CTD while loading from the start screen.  After much testing I finally removed the D3D9.dll from the root directory of FSX and everything worked fine.  However I have been using SweetFX for months without a problem then night before last I installed Tropical Sims San Diego KSAN scenery and while installing hit the FS2009 button by mistake but instantly cancelled the installation and reinstalled it using the FSX button.  When I restarted FSX it started immediately crashing to desktop.  After two days of testing I found that when I removed the D3D9.dll from the root directory then FSX started normally.  I have no idea what happened but I have tried installing the latest version of SweetFX v- 1_5-23364-1-5-  with no change. Something happened but I can not figure it out.  I really like SweetFX but now can not use it anymore.  Norm