Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

AOTD for 3/29/13 - Mouth of the Yukon

Today's repeat cache is at the mouth of the Yukon River. It's not as easy as you might think.  This was originally posted on 11/22/12.

Enjoy.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Nuts, I forgot, repeat Friday! It did take some time to find this one. Not where you might think.

Steve

I found it without any trouble and afterward went back for the landing, got out to walk around and discovered you can walk on water.  I knew pilots were great but I wasn't expecting that.

Blue skies & tailwinds,

-Alan

You can also climb mountains, but watch out for the trees.

I know we can walk on water and climb up mountains, but has anybody tried getting out in flight and walking on the wing? :LMAO:

Best regards.

Luis

Never say never Luis. Back before they changed the function of the "R" key you could get out and watch the aircraft fly away but still have complete control. You would just be floating at the stationary altitude where you left the aircraft. It was kind of neat, I do miss that. :drinks:

Steve

Well it was not quite where I thought it would be, but I managed to find it anyway:

2013-3-29_21-49-27-631.jpg

Returning and back safely to Sheldon Point:

2013-3-29_21-51-18-44.jpg

2013-3-29_21-51-40-110.jpg

Hi,

When I did an internet search and saw the suggested search area as being "the size of Oregon" I turned on all the aids. Kind of regret it now because when I noted the location on GMAP it was pretty much where I would have guessed; about the middle of the mouth of the river.

The remote control view is still available; it was just changed from R to U (U-Control?). I hadn't used that mode for a while and as it turned out I was parked in pretty much the ideal location for checking it out as a radio control aircraft; the middle of the abandoned runway at Pearl Harbor. I even managed to land the RV-6 successfully.

Jim F.

Hi,
When I did an internet search and saw the suggested search area as being "the size of Oregon" I turned on all the aids

Are you talking about the same aerocache ?

This one was in Alaska, and " the size of Oregon" was not in the suggested search term... 

My apologies if I misunderstand, running a little empty on sleep today.

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. When I clicked on the suggested search term one of the results described the delta area as "being the size of Oregon".

Jim F.