Sign in to follow this  
atlflyer

should I come from xplane to fsx?

Have always got the sensation of a magic carpet ride with the fluidness of X-plane. But.....I really don't know what a magic carpet should feel like. Does anybody know? In the meantime, I don't get any more special senses of flight from XP than I do with FSX. Flight, even in a fast GA can have a sense of hardly moving. A sense of near hovering can even take place during the landing phase. Because FSX can do this well, does't mean it's wrong.

Come to think about it...... I still like the takeoff roll in the stock Pro-Pilot biz jet. Just had awesome sounds and sensations of picking up speed quickly. That was back in 1998.

Ya haha ^

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I am currently taking a break from X-Plane and enjoying some of the new add-ons that have been release for FSX over the past few years. Someone tried to make a list of advantages higher up in this thread that is not really accurate, but this is not the purpose of the discussion.

The main difference is that a lot of good things can be experienced in X-Plane 10 straight out of the box, where similar features FSX comes in the forms of addons that in most cases needs to be purchased. And as it was pointed it, your FSX needs a fair bit of tweaking to overcome the mess that Microsoft left when they abandoned this fine sim. REX, Opus Weather, A2A Accu-Feel and a good ENB Series mod goes a long way to bring FSX up to "modern" standards, and sceneries such as that from ORBx makes FSX hard to beat.

I think a lot of us is waiting to see what Prepar3d V2 is going to bring to the table. As pretty and glorious as FSX is, it is very finicky in its heavily modified state, and I can easily get it to crash if I wanted to. X-Plane 10 is still learning to walk, and it will be a while before we start seeing all-round improvements that the entire community will be happy with (Scenery and performance are probably the biggest culprits).

FSX still manages to squeeze dollars our of me everything I go back to it...  B)

I'm guessing the OP will find many people on THESE forums saying "yes." If he went to the XP forum they might say no...

How bizarre.

---------------------

Guys... I am the first one to go OT... but this isn't a whether or not to use X-Plane or P3D or FSX.  The nigel just wanted to know if his system can run FSX (well).

AS2012 is superior to REX, Ultimate Traffic is superior to My Traffic, FSGenesis Mesh is superior to its competitors, EVP doesn't update the ATC system, it just changes the phraseology.

MyTraffic + MT Live  beats UT as you have the schedules for all major airlines around the world at the moment you downloaded the data.

So if you download the traffic data with MT Live at 09.00 am then you have all known data for that moment included take offs, landings , delays...  

Regarding the topic ; yesterday I was at Schiphil where they had a licensed 737 simulator.

For the outside views ( 3x  Hd Projectors )  they used X-Plane Pro...

They moved no so long ago from FSX to X-Plane Pro as people preferred the fluidness of X-plane more...

I even saw animals walking/flying when the simulator was holding still on the rw.  

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Let the debate begin. :P

The reality is that if you want a platform with a plethora of add-on, choices, and opinions, FSX is a great option.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Regarding the topic ; yesterday I was at Schiphil where they had a licensed 737 simulator.

For the outside views ( 3x  Hd Projectors )  they used X-Plane Pro...
They moved no so long ago from FSX to X-Plane Pro as people preferred the fluidness of X-plane more...
I even saw animals walking/flying when the simulator was holding still on the rw.  

Sorry Gerard... I am having a difficult time understanding how this applies to the OP.

Let the debate begin.

Seems it has already (again)  :Sigh:

Sorry Gerard... I am having a difficult time understanding how this applies to the OP.

Seems it has already (again)  :Sigh:

Perhaps you have missed that we talked about going from X-Plane to FSX and why that was wise or not to do so...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Perhaps you have missed that we talked about going from X-Plane to FSX and why that was wise or not to do so...

We who?  You and the OP?  You are right... I did miss that.