Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

AOTD for 4/2/13 #2 - Haleakala Sunrise

Here's an interesting one. Try to make it to the summit of Haleakala in time to watch the sunrise.  Since this is the second one today, I think I'll wait until tomorrow to try this.

Enjoy.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I took the Red Tail up and got there in plenty of time for the sunrise but there were enough clouds around that no matter how hard I tried I could not see the sun pop up so I grabbed the 'cache, slammed the throttle to the wall, pulled the prop control back, pointed the nose down and headed back to the airport at 400 knots.  Got back in time to go to work.

Blue skies & tailwinds,

-Alan

Hey I guess they woke the hamster up lol!

I think I will wait until the morning as well...

I missed the first one, but this was really nice. Coming back down from the heights:

Haleakala_01_zpsce7c9e7e.jpg

And parked at Kahului:

Haleakala_02_zps01d716f1.jpg

Best regards.

Luis

I did not try to make it exactly by sunrise but still early morning. A lot of nice shadows and lighting that Flight does so very well. It was a good thing that there were no cars in the parking lot at the visitors center when I landed there. I just had to take a walk up the road and check out the views from the observatory as well. The take off from the parking lot was easy compared to the landing.

Steve

I wish it was that clear when I visited Haleakala in real life last year. It was completely fogged in when I was up there!

Brandon Filer

I wish it was that clear when I visited Haleakala in real life last year. It was completely fogged in when I was up there!

But did you still find the aerocache? :P

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Well dang, I missed this one.

Had a few minutes early this morning before I had to head out, started Flight but got an error " games for windows live has stopped responding", or something to that effect. Tried it again with same result, and I just had no more time.

Not sure what was going on with that, first time I have seen that happen.

I'll try the new Iditarod tomorrow and see if everything is ok...