Hi

After installing latest update i see that AS is much more heavy for my system.

FPS dropped significantly.

I was always using 32bit 1024 cloud textures, and everything was working smoothly even with cloud coverage more than 128km.

Now after update same cloud parameters are much more heavy for my system.

To maintain more less same FPS i had to go down to 512 and DXT textures.

Anybody else have similar experience ?

Artur

Artur 

Yes same problem here. I especially notice it with heavy clouds. I tried shutting off the overcast enhancment but it still is slower than before. I hope that they come up with something for this.

Anthony

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

Absolutely, but this is not uncommon with high resolution textures.  Another thing that has a big impact is the number of cloud layers you run.  The more layers, the more the CPU and graphics card must render, the slower your computer runs.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I haven't noticed any difference at 10 layers with 32bit@1024 .

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Same here, it seems to be a little higher fps impact in some situations. And i didn't changed texture resolution in the meantime. 

Actually, i can remember same thing with one earlier update... which was solved quickly

I have tried changing different textures, number of cloud layers, and turning overcast enhancement off and I still get low fps with clouds. I also remember as2012 running slow with an update than it was updated again and my fps improved. I'm pretty sure something is going on with sp2 causing my loss of fps. I can run at 30 locked as long as the clouds aren't too intense, but I used to be able to run that fast even with heavy cloud cover. I guess I'll just wait and see if someone else has this problem and maybe it will be fixed.

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

Why are you locking framerates with an Nvidia card?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I haven't noticed any difference at 10 layers with 32bit@1024 .

Neither have I, and my system is not very high spec, except for my GTX680. I run AS2012 networked (of course) and have not noticed any drop, even in severe weather, since SP2, actually it is only getting smoother for each update :)

23.png

This is why i want to upgrade my 560ti... I heard about this difference several times, i'm looking to buy 580, 680 or higher