Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

Any Payware Water That Doesn't Pulsate?

The title says it all.  It doesn't really bother me that much because I fly airliners, but it would be nice to have water that doesn't pulsate.

I have REX and currently using Zinertech water.  Both of them have this issue.

I'm thinking about trying out FS Water from Flight1's website.  Anybody have this one?

Hi,

does it have to be payware?

I'm very satisfied with the 2006 freeware package "Real Environment Professionel", you can find it searching for "reprostp.zip" at flightsim.com.

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Simple - turn your Water effects slider down! What you're seeing here is simply how FS does the 3d water animation. You can try different water textures, but if the pulsating is bothering you, you'll notice they all pulsate - just some more noticeably than others.

Of course, the 2d water animations don't pulsate. You just can't see them from more than about 100 ft. up, that's all!

So - do you leave the water effects slider full right? Or do you instead turn the terrain detail texture slider full right and deactivate the FS9 3d water effects? That's up to you in the end...

Hi Harald,

I usually buy payware because I'm worried messing around with the files manually.  I'm actually getting the water I'm looking for now following Ematheson's advice.  I'll check out REP.  So there is no pulsating there at max water slider?  Ematheson mentioned that it's the way FS9 does water anamation and I think I've heard that before too.

Ematheson,

I had no idea the lower settings don't have the pulsating.  I gave it a shot and I'm leaving it there for now.  It seems that maxing out the water only adds a white wave texture that repeatedly turn on and off.  I think It's giving me better fps at Fly Tampa Kai Tak also.

Thanks for the help.

I just saw a presentation vid of real REP on youtube.  Very nice, I didn't see any pulsing of the water.  Looks really nice too with the brighter and lighter colour.  I'll give this a try tomorrow if it's easy to install.  Interested to see the env bump enhancement too.  I just hope hope it's easy to restore my settings if I don't like something.

You won't beat REX or Zinnertech but there's no harm in trying something else. Personally, I think REX is the best option, though I do use Zinnertech as well

Thanks Kiwi.  I have both rex and zinertek.  I'm using Zinertek at the moment.  I didn't really have time to play around with rex water.  I'll give rex water a try tonight.

Thanks Kiwi.  I have both rex and zinertek.  I'm using Zinertek at the moment.  I didn't really have time to play around with rex water.  I'll give rex water a try tonight.

You are welcome. Make sure you have the freeware REX upgrade "Overdrive" options - that gives you some fantastic water choices, both inland and ocean

So there is no pulsating there at max water slider?

Oh, sorry, I forgot that I have the slider not to max, too. Will try it when I'm back on my PC.

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Oh, sorry, I forgot that I have the slider not to max, too. Will try it when I'm back on my PC.

Harald

Now I have tested it again  - the water coming with the suggested freeware does pulsate indeed if water effects are set to max. I'm very sorry for my false information.

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Harald,

No need to apologize.  Thanks for testing.  I'm perfectly happy with the lower water slider.  I didn't know about this and had my water set to max from the beginning.

Kiwi,

I will have to double check my REX purchase in my account.  I got it from simmarket and I noticed they're selling REX+Overdrive and standard REX (cheaper).  I think there may be a charge to the upgrade as I have the original REX.

I tried REX water the other day.  It was nice but one thing really bothered me.  I couldn't stand the sight of the vertical lines along the water in the distance.  I tried several wave patterns and animations but it is always there, even with lower water setting.

I have gone back to Zinertek.  However, I came across one that I'm thinking about purchasing.  I think it's called H2O water.  I hope it looks good in lower setting because their preview vid, which I'm sure has water slider maxed, shows the pulsating.

Feebee,

I was thinking about that one.  But it looks like all the water add ons pulsate at max setting.  I have settled for the lower water setting and I like the look of it more.  I will either try FE or H2O water next to see what kind of look they have.  Thanks.

Harald,

No need to apologize.  Thanks for testing.  I'm perfectly happy with the lower water slider.  I didn't know about this and had my water set to max from the beginning.

Kiwi,

I will have to double check my REX purchase in my account.  I got it from simmarket and I noticed they're selling REX+Overdrive and standard REX (cheaper).  I think there may be a charge to the upgrade as I have the original REX.

I tried REX water the other day.  It was nice but one thing really bothered me.  I couldn't stand the sight of the vertical lines along the water in the distance.  I tried several wave patterns and animations but it is always there, even with lower water setting.

I have gone back to Zinertek.  However, I came across one that I'm thinking about purchasing.  I think it's called H2O water.  I hope it looks good in lower setting because their preview vid, which I'm sure has water slider maxed, shows the pulsating.

Feebee,

I was thinking about that one.  But it looks like all the water add ons pulsate at max setting.  I have settled for the lower water setting and I like the look of it more.  I will either try FE or H2O water next to see what kind of look they have.  Thanks.

I own REX as well and wasn't really happy at all with their water. BTW, Overdrive is a free upgrade if you already own REX. I settled on Holger's Water which is a combination of a bunch of freeware files by various authors. It still pulses but is a bit more subtle.

http://forums.simviation.com//cgi-bin/yabb25/YaBB.pl?num=1254025888