Thanks. I'd read something similar to that too but it's all a bit unknown at the moment.

I told myself I wouldn't upgrade until gtx880 but we'll see. It's such an unknown but I'm almost tempted to sell my 680 now just to maximise the return I can get on it but not sure because I don't know what availability of gtx 780 will be like at release here in Australia.

the GTX780 will be around a 30% improvement over the GTX680.

Anthony,

Oh oh! Sounds to me like you will have a tough time not scratching that itch!

Kind regards,

Your telling me! Haha

One hurdle at a time though. Lol

In the meantime looking forward to Haswell and any other release news leading into Computex.

I still don't think going from an i7 2600k to a Haswell is a worthwhile upgrade, I'll be skipping another generation.

Cheers, Andy.

You may be right. It may not be a huge leap but its going to be quicker none the less. I like to have 2 PC's in the house, so rather than buying a Z77 motherboard now for my second build I think it makes more sense to just wait the month or 2 to buy Haswell. It will only be a difference of $100 AUD give or take so makes sense to me. Plus I like shiny new things.

If I wasn't in the process of buying/building I'm not sure id bother going Haswell either.

The possibility of going from a 4.5 Ghz overclock on my 3770K to something north of 5 Ghz and a 5-10% IPC improvement to boot definitely has my attention. I'll wait and see for now.